Votes

Votes

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A stable personality

Near my hay.

Moves
12 Nov 09

I see there's a current poll re chess variants. It's been going for almost two months, yet only has 206 votes. Wouldn't it be a good idea to message all subs to say there is a vote on every time one starts?

I couldn't find another thread on this, but someone is almost certainly going to give me a link to one. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor search abilities.🙂

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Nov 09

Originally posted by C J Horse
I see there's a current poll re chess variants. It's been going for almost two months, yet only has 206 votes. Wouldn't it be a good idea to message all subs to say there is a vote on every time one starts?

I couldn't find another thread on this, but someone is almost certainly going to give me a link to one. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor search abilities.🙂
I've now voted. This is also the first I've heard of this vote being open.

P-

h

Moves
12 Nov 09

Thread 119206

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Nov 09

[b] It's been going for almost two months, yet only has 206 votes. Wouldn't it be a good idea to message all subs to say there is a vote on every time one starts?

b]
I agree with you!

I voted back some time ago on it, but I don't recall any message being sent about the VOTE. I just happened to be checking around and noticed it.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
12 Nov 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I just happened to be checking around and noticed it.
Heh?
Checking around as in looking into certain forums (Announcements in this case) for new threads?
Or playing alot of games in which you were able to check your opponents King?:p

Good idea btw.

F

Moves
12 Nov 09
2 edits

Follow this link: [vid]17[/vid]

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
13 Nov 09

I agree completely. If there is an announcement from the Admins or a vote or anything else of that nature, it should appear highlighted in some way in the Announcement forums. That is, the Announcement forum can be "tagged" in some way, as can the relevant thread in the forum. The tag would go away once the link was opened.

Australia

Moves
13 Nov 09

It's all part of the bigger problem, which is that the Announcements forum is mixed in with all the other forums, and the majority of players on the site rarely or never visit the forums at all. Announcements really belongs on the page to which every site visitor arrives, i.e. the page with the recent checkmates on it. OK, regulars will bookmark to go straight to MyGames, but that's their choice and they may decide it's worth bookmarking to arrive at the *News* page instead.

I am tired of having to keep my opponents informed of new things on the site, and I'm sure many other forum participants are too.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Nov 09

I never heard or checked re a vote. I only discover by chance. There should be an automated message, only right & fair