Ultra-Short Timeout

Ultra-Short Timeout

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Mar 14

So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the hopes of finishing it in one sitting, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!

Moves
10 Mar 14

Use blitz.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
10 Mar 14

Originally posted by HikaruShindo
Use blitz.
Crap, before I could make any jokes about 'and wouldn't it be great if the interface updated the move instantly, so I don't have to pound away at the F5 key so much?'

Moves
11 Mar 14

Originally posted by HikaruShindo
Use blitz.
Yes blitz is useful, but it would be nice to have the games count for your rating; which is what I should have clarified...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Mar 14

Originally posted by macattack777
Yes blitz is useful, but it would be nice to have the games count for your rating; which is what I should have clarified...
So really we should add ratings to the blitz. Like all the other blitz sites.

d

Moves
12 Mar 14

Blitz games don't count for a rating?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Apr 14

So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the h ...[text shortened]... ng, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
OR if you want "instant" games so much, go to a blitz or live game web site.

This website is for correspondence chess. Always has been, always will be. Blitz is an afterthought here, a concession. It's still in Beta because compared to the rest of the site, it's not important.

Not sure how others here feel, but if this site moved its focus from correspondence to blitz, I'd be outta here in a New York minute.

Australia

Moves
20 Apr 14

Is a New York minute different from the usual kind?

Here

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
OR if you want "instant" games so much, go to a blitz or live game web site.

This website is for correspondence chess. Always has been, always will be. Blitz is an afterthought here, a concession. It's still in Beta because compared to the rest of the site, it's not important.

Not sure how others here feel, but if this site moved its focus from correspondence to blitz, I'd be outta here in a New York minute.
Are you an Eagles fan ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

So the shortest time-out is 1 day, with no time bank. In general this allows for a quick game. Although, if somebody wants to play a game in "one-sitting" then the best they can do is put "Quick game please!" in the description. A timeout of 5-10 minutes would ENSURE that a game can be finished in one sitting, as opposed to starting a game with the h ...[text shortened]... ng, only to finish it 3 weeks later… PLEASE institute 5-10 minute timeouts for quicker players!
Sorry. I forgot I already responded to this guy.

😳

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by Kewpie
Is a New York minute different from the usual kind?
It's just a saying. I think it originally started as someone trying to put down New Yorkers for their impatience.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by padger
Are you an Eagles fan ?
Why do you ask?

Here

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Why do you ask?