turning off email notification of open invite g...

turning off email notification of open invite g...

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
28 Aug 05

I find the emails notifying you that your open invite game has been accepted or a tournament has started incredibly annoying. I check the site anyway to see if my games have started. As far as I can see there is no way to stop receiving these. I do like to see if a game has been deleted though, so any option to switch a combination of these email notifications off would be very much appreciated.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
28 Aug 05

good idea

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
28 Aug 05

Originally posted by mosquitorespect
I find the emails notifying you that your open invite game has been accepted or a tournament has started incredibly annoying. I check the site anyway to see if my games have started. As far as I can see there is no way to stop receiving these. I do like to see if a game has been deleted though, so any option to switch a combination of these email notifications off would be very much appreciated.
Just set up filters to move the mails that you don't want to thrash.

D

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
28 Aug 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Just set up filters to move the mails that you don't want to thrash.

D
Don't they all come from the same address though? I still want the 'game deleted' emails.

N

The sky

Moves
28 Aug 05

Don't they all come from the same address though? I still want the 'game deleted' emails.
I don't remember what those e-mails look like, but I guess the same kind of notification may have the same subject line, so you could filter out e-mails with that subject line.

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
28 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
I don't remember what those e-mails look like, but I guess the same kind of notification may have the same subject line, so you could filter out e-mails with that subject line.
Ahh yes, thank you for doing my thinking for me Nordlys 🙂

'Tis done, but the one problem is for tournament emails - I think they have the subject line 'Tournament x has started!'. If I get another email with the word tournament in the subject line I will lose it! And unfortunately Yahoo mail does not seem to allow you to have two separate strings to look for which will both be in the subject.

Still, next time I enter a tournament I will see exactly what the email says. It may be easier than I think now...

Many thanks again. *doesn't hug you*

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
29 Aug 05

You can click on my settings, then my site settings then turn off email notification through there

N

The sky

Moves
29 Aug 05

Many thanks again. *doesn't hug you*
Hey thanks, I really appreciate that. 🙂

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by KJCavalier
You can click on my settings, then my site settings then turn off email notification through there
That only turns off move notification. I was talking about something else.

N

The sky

Moves
29 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by KJCavalier
That's only for move notifications. You will still get e-mails when an open invite gets accepted, a game gets deleted or a tournament you have entered has started, which is what mosquitorespect was talking about.

Edit: Oops, mosquitorespect was faster...