To Close a Thread

To Close a Thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
An important thing to discuss is - Who owns a thread? The one started it? The one most active in the thread? The last poster in the thread?
My answer to the above posed question is - None of them.

I would be rather disappointed if I invested lot of thoughts, time and writing to make my point in a subject only to discover that he who thinks he owns the ...[text shortened]... say that ordinary net etiquette should be employed, and if so, this problem doesn't ever aaply.
Very good points are adressed for sure. I have produced the same thoughts before I posted it.

However, there are some exceptions when the threads get obselete and they are needed to be closed. There are, at may times, good reasons for that.

In addition, to prevent the abuse, maybe -only- experienced users should have the option, like users with 20.000 moves and over.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by GinoJ
Very good points are adressed for sure. I have produced the same thoughts before I posted it.

However, there are some exceptions when the threads get obselete and they are needed to be closed. There are, at may times, good reasons for that.

In addition, to prevent the abuse, maybe -only- experienced users should have the option, like users with 20.000 moves and over.
I think users with purple shirts should be able to close threads. Not sure what chess moves have to do with this.

P-

G

Moves
13 Feb 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I think users with purple shirts should be able to close threads. Not sure what chess moves have to do with this.

P-
I thought the people who have been here most tend to respect the forum rules and they know the forum moderation codes moderatley well. 😕

edit: Hey, what the hell I know anyway, right? I'm just a newbie.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Feb 07
2 edits

I don't think I ever wear a purple shirt, and I almost never stay on topic. I think that would be too much power to have to close the thread, because if you had a feeling you were losing the debate, all you have to do is close it. You win, no contest...😛

Or you could just take out the posts that didn't agree with you. It would make for a pretty dull thread, if that was done.

G

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I don't think I ever wear a purple shirt, and I almost never stay on topic. I think that would be too much power to have to close the thread, because if you had a feeling you were losing the debate, all you have to do is close it. You win, no contest...😛

Or you could just take out the posts that didn't agree with you. It would make for a pretty dull thread, if that was done.
---------------------THE THREAD IS NOW CLOSED-------------------------

DS

Moves
14 Feb 07

---------------------THE THREAD IS NOW CLOSED-------------------------
--------------------THE THREAD IS NOW REOPENED---------------------

Due to the lack of purple shirts. 🙁

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
[b]--------------------THE THREAD IS NOW REOPENED---------------------

Due to the lack of purple shirts. 🙁[/b]
How about if i splash my white shirt with red wine ?

Would that help ?

F

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
[b]--------------------THE THREAD IS NOW REOPENED---------------------

Due to the lack of purple shirts. 🙁[/b]
Once I washed my white T-shirt with a bright red towel. So I have also a pink T-shirt. (And a lot of pink underware too...)

G

Moves
15 Feb 07

Once I washed my white T-shirt with a bright red towel. So I have also a pink T-shirt. (And a lot of pink underware too...)
That was what all RHP members wanted to know.

Thanks for sharing this invaluable information with us. 🙂

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
15 Feb 07

Stop posting, this thread is closed.

G

Moves
15 Feb 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Stop posting, this thread is closed.
🙂

F

Moves
15 Feb 07

Happy to know that no one else does the same misstake as I did.
Be careful when washing, don't blend colours.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Feb 07

Happy to know that no one else does the same misstake as I did.
Be careful when washing, don't blend colours.
Moral of the story, always seperate your whites from your colors !!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
16 Feb 07

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Moral of the story, always seperate your whites from your colors !!
separate

Some words, when misspelled, should be cause for closing the thread and banning the poster.

N

The sky

Moves
16 Feb 07

Originally posted by Wulebgr
separate

Some words, when misspelled, should be cause for closing the thread and banning the poster.
Such things happen when you wash your a's and your e's together. You'll and up with e-coloured a's and a-coloured e's. What a mass.