Timeouts

Timeouts

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 06

If an opponent is timed out then maybe their rating shouldn't fall. This could stop some people sandbaging their ratings and also wouldn't cause the problems some players have expressed about playing a player with a really low rating (when their level is much higher).

Would this be a feasiable idea?

F

Moves
31 Dec 06

Originally posted by Silverstriker
If an opponent is timed out then maybe their rating shouldn't fall. This could stop some people sandbaging their ratings and also wouldn't cause the problems some players have expressed about playing a player with a really low rating (when their level is much higher).

Would this be a feasiable idea?
I had a game, not long ago, with the opponent having a rating far below mine. I had done a blunder and I was going to lose.
If your idea of a new rule was applied I just quit playing, eventually having a time-out with no rating loss - instead having 30 points loss as todays rule.

A time-out should render a loss, with rating loss and all.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I had a game, not long ago, with the opponent having a rating far below mine. I had done a blunder and I was going to lose.
If your idea of a new rule was applied I just quit playing, eventually having a time-out with no rating loss - instead having 30 points loss as todays rule.

A time-out should render a loss, with rating loss and all.
i see your point 🙂, i wasn't sure if the idea would have worked, was just wondering what people's reactions would have been.

Thank you for imputing 🙂

Thomas

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 Dec 06

Originally posted by Silverstriker
i see your point 🙂, i wasn't sure if the idea would have worked, was just wondering what people's reactions would have been.

Thank you for imputing 🙂

Thomas
My reaction is OUTRAGE!

😉

P-

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
01 Jan 07

Current Mood: Gaseous