Speeding up tournament progress

Speeding up tournament progress

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
29 Nov 04

Couldn't there be some way that the player that has an obvious win in a player group can be declared the winner? For instance, if someone sweeps all the games in a grouping of four (18 points) there is absolutely no way that he could not be the sole person to avance to the next round.

I'm in several tournaments right now in which all the people who will advance have already been decided, but the next round won't start until some insignificant games are finished, and some of those games don't show any sign of ending before the Rapture.

These people can still play their games; I'm not saying that they should be prematurely ended by any means. I'm just saying that insignificant games should be ignored when considering tournament progress.

I believe that many people would throw as much confetti as they can get their hands on in your general direction if you can do anything to speed up the tournaments.

l

London

Moves
30 Nov 04

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
Couldn't there be some way that the player that has an obvious win in a player group can be declared the winner? For instance, if someone sweeps all the games in a grouping of four (18 points) there is absolutely no way that he could not be the sole person to avance to the next round.

I'm in several tournaments right now in which all the people wh ...[text shortened]... get their hands on in your general direction if you can do anything to speed up the tournaments.
What is the minimum number of points you need to ensure qualification from a group in a tournament? In the UEFA CL, I think it's 10 points...

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
30 Nov 04

There is never any given number. But if player#1 has 15 points, and the next closest player has only 6 and there are only two games left to finish, the result is assured. Player#1 wins the group. All I am saying is when the end is definitely assured, that the remaining games need not be counted so we can get on with the next round already.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Nov 04

I do want to do this sometime, but it is classified as a 'biggie' on my future tasks.

-Russ