Site updates & greasemonkey problems

Site updates & greasemonkey problems

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Mar 09

Russ, is there any way you can notify us beforehand of planned site 'structural' changes, so we can work this into our greasemonkey scripts at the same time the site is being updated?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by Crowley
Russ, is there any way you can notify us beforehand of planned site 'structural' changes, so we can work this into our greasemonkey scripts at the same time the site is being updated?
Sorry, I know it's a pain.

I certainly don't like breaking the greasemonkey code, but documenting and publishing changes before a release will be too much of an overhead.

I'm refreshing quite a bit of old code at the moment, so I'm afraid this might go on a little longer, but within a short period the focus should shift back to new features.

L
Stick your hands up

Your bum

Moves
24 Mar 09

Yes, while the clan challenge page is obviously a great improvement over the old one, it's now less useful than it was with Greasemonkey.

To be truly practically useful and not require recourse to pen and paper you do need links to full profiles and games played between opponents.

Not complaining though as it's good to see some moves in this area.

F

Moves
25 Mar 09

Originally posted by Crowley
This is one reason why I hesitate using FireFox with Greasmonkey. When it works, it works, but when Russ do something, the scripts doesn't work.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
26 Mar 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
This is one reason why I hesitate using FireFox with Greasmonkey. When it works, it works, but when Russ do something, the scripts doesn't work.
So what? When a greasemonkey script "stops working" all that means is the page behaves exactly as Russ intended it to.
The whole site doesn't just fall apart.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
26 Mar 09

Originally posted by Russ
documenting and publishing changes before a release will be too much of an overhead.
Ah well, at least I tried...

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Mar 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
FAIL