Shut down the forums.

Shut down the forums.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
13 Apr 05

They are too much of a distraction. Please. I gotta get some work done, for Christ's sake.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
They are too much of a distraction. Please. I gotta get some work done, for Christ's sake.
gets my rec.

I just went cold Turkey for almost 48hrs. It hurt.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
13 Apr 05
1 edit

I want to see the entire site going down. My graduation project really needs my attention.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
Yep, I'm not doing enough work because of my games, and I'm not keeping up with my games because of the forums...

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
14 Apr 05
1 edit

This sort of talk needs it's own separate forum. I recommend a Shutting Down The Forums - Forum.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by wib
This sort of talk needs it's own separate forum. I recommend a Shutting Down The Forums - Forum.
That Site Idea has actually already been implemented and discarded.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
That Site Idea has actually already been implemented and discarded.
Was that not just a temporary "cooling off period"?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
15 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
Was that not just a temporary "cooling off period"?
I was referring to the Forum Issues forum from the days of yore, not the cooling off periods.

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
15 Apr 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I was referring to the Forum Issues forum from the days of yore, not the cooling off periods.
Perhaps a forum to discuss issues of yore...

H
A Lost Bobby

London

Moves
16 Apr 05

Originally posted by Aiko
I want to see the entire site going down. My graduation project really needs my attention.
I had to give the word to one my staff for playing on RHP during work.... if only he knew...

[insert evil laugh here]

Having the site go down may save my career

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
16 Apr 05

Originally posted by wib
Perhaps a forum to discuss issues of yore...
I think a forum discussing forums would be a better idea. Wait that's been done. I guess we could discuss that at the forum of yore.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
17 Apr 05

Sometimes I have to remind myself that my job is to sell rooms, and not to play chess.

Z

Moves
17 Apr 05

how about a spring cleaning on the forums?

i don't think i have several hundreds years to read all the stuff posted here

OD

Hoagy's Alley

Moves
18 Apr 05

Originally posted by Aiko
Yes. I think this is important. Just shutting down the forums is not enough. At the very least we need to close the whole site down. If possible we need to uninvent the game of chess.

OD

Hoagy's Alley

Moves
18 Apr 05

'The passion for playing chess is one of the most unaccountable in the world. It slaps the theory of natural selection in the face. It is the most absorbing of occupations. The least satisfying of desires. A nameless excrescence upon life. It annihilates a man. You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess.'
H.G. Wells, 'Certain Personal Matters', 1898