1. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 02:58
    Maybe I'm missing something, some form of setting perhaps ?? ...but if not I'd like to ask why, when we click 'private forum', why we can't move these private forum lists to suit. I'd like to have those that we may use more often actually grouped together.
    Instead of them being 'all over the shop', can we not move them to the top, and not have to scroll past those we may not use. Naturally this is more applicable if you're a member of lots of clubs and clans, but surely I'm not alone here ??
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 04:02
    4 clans and 15 clubs, most of them with inactive forums - couldn't you just kick a few?

If it were to be possible, make it possible to add the Private Forums list to the bottom of the Public Forums list, then display them all in a choice of sequences. This back-and-forth stuff is for the birds.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 13:071 edit
    If you use firefox, perhaps a greasemonkey script would allow this customization.
    Public and private forums that you never visit could be removed from the display.
    The private and public forums you are interested in following could be combined onto one display.

<EDIT>
    If unwanted forums can't be removed, maybe the greasemonkey script could accomplish what the OP asked about.
    Just allow changing the order of the forums so that your personal favorites are at the top of the list.
    That way they're all still there and available.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 15:07
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    4 clans and 15 clubs, most of them with inactive forums - couldn't you just kick a few?

If it were to be possible, make it possible to add the Private Forums list to the bottom of the Public Forums list, then display them all in a choice of sequences. This back-and-forth stuff is for the birds.
    No, even if they appear to be inactive, they all serve 'some' purpose.
    Your second point is exactly what I'd like to see, to have the more active forum at the top of the forum list as the ideal would allow us to effectively chop and change at our own leisure.
    The crux; It would be great to 'edit' our own preferred forum list, whether public or private...
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 15:17
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    If you use firefox, perhaps a greasemonkey script would allow this customization.
    Public and private forums that you never visit could be removed from the display.
    The private and public forums you are interested in following could be combined onto one display.

<EDIT>
    If unwanted forums can't be removed, maybe the greasemonkey script could accomplish ...[text shortened]... ersonal favorites are at the top of the list.
    That way they're all still there and available.
    I'm just not able to 'make friends' with firefox...I like the idea though, if the site cannot 'edit' our forum selection, then it's a shame that something similar cannot be achieved, across the board, browser wise...
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 15:42
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I'm just not able to 'make friends' with firefox...I like the idea though, if the site cannot 'edit' our forum selection, then it's a shame that something similar cannot be achieved, across the board, browser wise...
    Do you mean you do not like firefox? I'm not sure of what you mean by "not able to 'make friends' with firefox".

What browser are you using? How about the Chrome browser? They have an add-on similar to greasemonkey and it's possible the scripts written for greasemonkey will still work with that.

Anyway, I'm not even sure if any of these ideas can be done with scripts, but if they can it will probably be easier and faster than trying to get the same thing done by getting Russ to modify the core RHP software. One of our greasemonkey experts would have to take a look at it.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 23:41
    Do you mean you do not like firefox? I'm not sure of what you mean by "not able to 'make friends' with firefox".

What browser are you using? How about the Chrome browser? They have an add-on similar to greasemonkey and it's possible the scripts written for greasemonkey will still work with that.

Anyway, I'm not even sure if any of these ideas can be ...[text shortened]... y the core RHP software. One of our greasemonkey experts would have to take a look at it.
    Yes, I just can't get along with firefox, 'making friends' with it was just plainly not happening 🙂
    I use chrome, I can't fault it...I'd be very interested to know if these 'scripts' do indeed work with chrome, can you point me in the direction of someone who would know ?
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 04:03
    Yes, I just can't get along with firefox, 'making friends' with it was just plainly not happening 🙂
    I use chrome, I can't fault it...I'd be very interested to know if these 'scripts' do indeed work with chrome, can you point me in the direction of someone who would know ?
    SwissGambit has been doing some script work for greasemonkey so he would be a good person to contact.

Here's a link to some of his recent updates and additions.
    http://bigdogghouse.com/RHP/
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 10:50
    SwissGambit has been doing some script work for greasemonkey so he would be a good person to contact.

Here's a link to some of his recent updates and additions.
    http://bigdogghouse.com/RHP/
    Sir, as per the PM, thank you very much indeed ! Dean.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 06:351 edit
    Sir, as per the PM, thank you very much indeed ! Dean.
    OK - I have finished a script that allows you to sort the private forum list as you wish.

As usual, it's at
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP/

There's also a new one that shows the age of forum posts.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 08:22
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    OK - I have finished a script that allows you to sort the private forum list as you wish.

As usual, it's at
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP/

There's also a new one that shows the age of forum posts.
    Hey, that's BRILLIANT...really 🙂

Thank you !!
  12. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 09:49
    Can the same thing be done with the public forum?
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 14:53
    Can the same thing be done with the public forum?
    (How did I know someone was going to ask that 🙂) ... of course.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 20:07
    (How did I know someone was going to ask that 🙂) ... of course.
    There is a conflict between my 'scroll tables' script and the private forum sort script - if you have so many private forums that the scrolling kicks in, it will break the sort function. I'll resolve it while working on expanding the sort script to work for public forums.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 03:021 edit
    OK - done. There is a new version of the script, now called
    RHP 2013 sort fora
    so if you have the old script, you'll want to uninstall it in Firefox via Tools -> GreaseMonkey -> Manage, find 'RHP 2013 sort private fora' in the list and remove it.

The new script allows sorting of public fora both on the menu and on the list page. Also, from the list page, you can hide items on the Forums dropdown menu.
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree