remember sort preference

remember sort preference

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
02 May 13

In the before times, the site would remember the sort preference on the 'My Games' page. Can we have this back again? I like to sort by 'Oldest Moves,' and it was handy not to have to select this every time... Thanks.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
02 May 13

Originally posted by shmeeter
In the before times, the site would remember the sort preference on the 'My Games' page. Can we have this back again? I like to sort by 'Oldest Moves,' and it was handy not to have to select this every time... Thanks.
It remembers sort preference on my PC, but not on my Android.

s

Moves
02 May 13

That's crazy! 🙂 Maybe because I run Linux? Or, are you not closing your browser between visits?

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
02 May 13

That's crazy! 🙂 Maybe because I run Linux? Or, are you not closing your browser between visits?
I don't follow. On my bog-standard PC, which I rarely turn off, the sorting preference holds even if I reboot the machine. On my bog-standard Android tab, which gets turned off occasionally, I access the program through a bookmark in the default browser, and I have to set the sort preference each time I do that. I often find things in Android apps don't work as well as the Windows equivalent, so this one didn't surprise me - or bother me, come to that. I know nothing about Linux.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 May 13
1 edit

This keeps coming up, and it is because people have bookmarked the my games page, and the bookmark contains a parameter such as

http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php?sortval=7

This will override your preference.

Bookmark only

http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php

Moves
02 May 13

Thanks Russ that has sorted out my problem, really useful advice
Paul

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
02 May 13

Fixed my android too, thanks.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
02 May 13

Originally posted by Russ
This keeps coming up, and it is because people have bookmarked the my games page, and the bookmark contains a parameter such as

http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php[b]?sortval=7

This will override your preference.

Bookmark only

http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php[/b]
I've found a way around my problem where on the clan list the "sort by challenges -recent" only works on the first page.
To make it work on page 2 etc I have to change the address line at the top instead of using the buttoms thus:-
http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/index.php?sortval=8&year=2013&page=2

Sais

Berks.

Moves
02 May 13

Is there another possible cause for this issue? I don't have the My Games page bookmarked and have only ever accessed it from the link at the top of the page.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Peakite
Is there another possible cause for this issue? I don't have the My Games page bookmarked and have only ever accessed it from the link at the top of the page.
The sort preference is held in a cookie. It might be worth trying to delete all cookies for this site. You will need to log in again afterwards thought.

Moves
03 May 13

The sort preference is held in a cookie. It might be worth trying to delete all cookies for this site. You will need to log in again afterwards thought.
looks like I jumped the gun on this issue. It has reverted to original problem on my machines. Russ what is the difference between this version of the site and the previous? generally i like the revamp and its only the issue of the sorting that bothers me, though in the scheme of things its not the end of the world!
Thanks

Moves
05 May 13
1 edit

Russ, Clearly not top priority, but could you check that this cookie business is correct? I've deleted all site cookies several times, and tried switching from RHP to PTIG - it still seems that any time I restart my browser, I am back to sorting on newest games.

If anyone has sorting by oldest move as default, and can confirm that it works for them, that would be useful. Thanks.

Gezza,
Firefox 20.0, Ubuntu 12.04, No GreaseMonkey or Extensions, and I have checked the bookmark.

k

Moves
06 May 13
1 edit

I'm also using PTIG and have the same problem. Deleting cookies did not help.

Sais

Berks.

Moves
06 May 13

Also tried deleting cookies and no luck either; still defaults to ordering by newest game.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
07 May 13

I too deleted cookies and still the same thing. 😕