recs...

recs...

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
13 Dec 04

Don't look now, they're tied 😀😀😀😀😀

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Dec 04

Originally posted by Saint Nick
Don't look now, they're tied 😀😀😀😀😀
That is some bullpoop!

😠

r

Over seas

Moves
13 Dec 04

Originally posted by Phlabibit
That is some bullpoop!

😠
I guess that I am just destined to behind the person with the worst avatars ever. What can I do. He probobly wears plaid pants with a hook instead of a button!

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
13 Dec 04

Hey Rap, what are you willing to pay me for 3 rec's? 🙄🙄🙄🙄

r

Over seas

Moves
14 Dec 04

Well, phla said he'd quit the site if I had more rec's than him.....LOL😀

FNM

Moves
14 Dec 04

In the spirit of Christmas here is one rec coming up for all of ya rec hunters. Ho Ho Ho!

r

Over seas

Moves
14 Dec 04

Originally posted by Faith No More
In the spirit of Christmas here is one rec coming up for all of ya rec hunters. Ho Ho Ho!
Don't give a Ho! to that HO! He's been a bad, bad boy!

d

Moves
14 Dec 04

You rec-whores ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

I like the idea of the negative rec system. Who would have the "lowest" score if that system was in place? Cribs? no1marauder? Personally, I would strive to achieve the lowest negative total. That's a worthwhile goal, if you ask me.

s

Moves
18 Dec 04
1 edit

As we all know, Only previous Nobel Laureates can propose names for potential future Nobel Prize winners' names for consideration by the Nobel Prize Committee, every year. In a similar way following this practice , the following system may be implemented.

(a) Instead of any RHP star being given the facility of recc'ing,
only those RHP stars should be made able to give a rec
to others, who have at least 10 recs, to themselves.

(b) Among non RHP stars, those having at least 20 rec's to
themselves , or having made at least 5000 moves
AND having 10 recs to themselves, should also be given
the power to give rec's.

This system will add real value and quality to the recc's being given. This will also satisfy the esteem of the recievers of the recc's.

I hope Russ will seriously consider this idea in the interest of adding importance and real worth to the concept of recommendations.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Dec 04

Originally posted by sarathian
Man, why did you feel the need to spam the forum with this 7 times?

People who get recs are generally the people who like to post. There is a vast majority of users who read the forums, but in general, prefer not to post. Are you saying that these people should be excluded from having the tool to show their agreement on issues in the forums?

Also, if noone is allowed to give recs unless they have at least 10, then how would the first people reach the magical 10?

D

s

Moves
18 Dec 04

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Man, why did you feel the need to spam the forum with this 7 times?

Also, if noone is allowed to give recs unless they have at least 10, then how would the first people reach the magical 10?

D
Oh , That's because 7 is lucky for me ( and you 2).
As regards the problem of initial (first) recc'ers , something like what was done in the case of the first Nobel Laureates can be thought of. You can be as imaginative as me, ; my idea in this regard would be - to add a clause (c) like this..
(c) Recc's can also be given by persons having no recc's to themselves provided, their own rating is higher than 1700 or , alternatively, if they have made more than 10000 moves.
Something similar , or some still better improvement upon it can be thought of..

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Dec 04

As regards the problem of initial (first) recc'ers , something like what was done in the case of the first Nobel Laureates can be thought of. You can be as imaginative as me, ; my idea in this regard would be - to add a clause (c) like this..
(c) R ...[text shortened]... Something similar , or some still better improvement upon it can be thought of..
What makes a good chess player more worthy to dole out the recs?

In my mind, many good chess players have low social skills... Not all, but I still see nothing similar in chess skill vs. the ability to know if a post is good.

P-

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
18 Dec 04

(c) R ...[text shortened]... Something similar , or some still better improvement upon it can be thought of..
Man, that's waaaaaaayyyy too much time thinking about a rec system that doesn't mean anything. 😲

rs

H. T. & E. hte

Moves
19 Dec 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
What makes a good chess player more worthy to dole out the recs?

In my mind, many good chess players have low social skills... Not all, but I still see nothing similar in chess skill vs. the ability to know if a post is good.

P-
Yes ,you have a point. Think of some way of measuring the skill for judging the quality, beauty, novelty, impact, and similar other desirable qualities of a post.

Sarathian has a point too. Merely being
an RHP star does not make one a good judge of all those desirable qualities.

s

Moves
24 Dec 04

Originally posted by ranjan sinha
Yes ,you have a point. Think of some way of measuring the skill for judging the quality, beauty, novelty, impact, and similar other desirable qualities of a post.

Sarathian has a point too. Merely being
an RHP star does not make one a good judge of all those desirable qualities.
Precisely .