Raise the age

Raise the age

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Ah, it's not legal to discuss adult stuff with minors. But why not have a little symbol next to every minors name so we know when not to discuss adult things.

Adult stuff, its not only about retirement fonds, war memories, ones fear of dementia, and other stuff of that kind, is it? When one is old enough to categorize sex as memories, it's still adult ...[text shortened]... out fear of legal technicalities. Let's call it Adult Forum, and voilà, no longer a problem.
That wouldn't solve anything, the posts made on these forums endure forever, how would having a symbol next to someone's name stop them from reading such threads?

Your other solution is also lacking, since the majority here are adults if anything it should be the other way around, with a children's area, leaving the rest of the forums as they stand made available for adults.

F

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
That wouldn't solve anything, the posts made on these forums endure forever, how would having a symbol next to someone's name stop them from reading such threads?

Your other solution is also lacking, since the majority here are adults if anything it should be the other way around, with a children's area, leaving the rest of the forums as they stand made available for adults.
Actually, I don't see any problem at all.

Should we hide information of sex from children? Do we still tell them the cabbage thing where babies come from? No, we don't.

If a child would read something of an adult content, what harm does it do to the child? I mean, is this so very harmful, compared with all death and destruction they encounter every day in TV, and we let them watch it without raise a eyebrows. Do we really want them to know hundreds of way to kill a human being, in the most brutal way, but deny them the information how babies are made? The only thing we kill here at RHP is the opponents king.

But, on the other hand, RHP is not the place to give people sexual entertainment nor sexual education. I haven't seen anything even near this subject in any posting I've ever read.

But - and this is important - we should prevent any paedophiles to get in touch with children in any way possible. But who wants to be a member of RHP just to find opportunities to molest children? I don't even it is possible here. It's just not the right place if you are inclined in this odd way.

I know that we have different cultures around the globe, mine differs from others. But deny talented chess playing minors to participate in our forums isn't what I would call rational.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 07

Actually, I don't see any problem at all.

Should we hide information of sex from children? Do we still tell them the cabbage thing where babies come from? No, we don't.

If a child would read something of an adult content, what harm does it do to the child? I mean, is this so very harmful, compared with all death and destruction they encounter every ...[text shortened]... ented chess playing minors to participate in our forums isn't what I would call rational.
What are you letting your kid watch? You'll give the kid nightmares.

If the age gets raised, that is fine... but as long as RHP is 13+ there shouldn't be topics about sex. The problem is not the logical talks about sex, but the idiots that come in and get overly graphic on the subject, or down right disgusting. It always happens.

You have a topic here about sex, and soon enough some idiot comes in and starts posting things that need to be removed, and the topic is closed.

Another problem is, this is a chess site. A parent may think, "What's the problem with letting my kid join a chess site"? Not realizing that people like you have decided that young kids should be subject to adult content like sex, and violence.

If the age is raised, I have no problems at all. As of now, this site is for 13+ and should be treated as such. A movie might be rated R because it has sexual content. All they really show is people rolling around under blankets for the most part, and that is an adult subject. They don't show someone ejaculating, or giving oral... etc. These are subjects that seem to come up and they are not right for a 13 year old unless the parent decides it is ok.

The choice is Russ if he wants to make his chess site an adult site, until he does these subjects are a bit too much for some children, regardless of what you think is right for ALL children.

P-

F

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
What are you letting your kid watch? You'll give the kid nightmares.

If the age gets raised, that is fine... but as long as RHP is 13+ there shouldn't be topics about sex. The problem is not the logical talks about sex, but the idiots that come in and get overly graphic on the subject, or down right disgusting. It always happens.

You have a topic ...[text shortened]... too much for some children, regardless of what you think is right for ALL children.

P-
Again, I don't see the problem here at RHP.

Do we have a problem with people showing material of sexual or violence contents? I don't feel like this is the case.

I don't want to exclude mature minors wanting to have ... good chess practice. It is more difficult to exclude unmature adults who destroyes the good spirits here.

I

Moves
18 Mar 07
1 edit

Go look in the General Forum, it's like a pick up joint right now.

R
Different

Moves
18 Mar 07

I'm so sick of this 13 year old minimum age rubbish. I suggest we raise the age to 16 so that we can talk about subjects like sex without fear of imbecilic moderation due to alerts from gigantic mammaries who think we're polluting the minds of the young.

Amend to ToS!
Kids should have as much right to this site as adults. This is a chess site and intended for discussions aboot chess. If you wish to talk aboot sex there are plenty of other forums on the internet just for that. I also don't think a separate "adult only" forum would work because 'tis very easy to lie aboot your age on the net. What would stop a 13 year old from saying he is 18 and getting on the forum to read all the inappropriate content?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
18 Mar 07

Great idea.
Let's vote on it.

RUSS!

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by Raven69
Kids should have as much right to this site as adults. This is a chess site and intended for discussions aboot chess.
No they don't.

I would like to get some stats about how many subscribers here are under 16... If the majority subscribers want the age for forum participation lifted, I believe the admins need to look at this.

I VOTE YAY.

DS

Moves
18 Mar 07

It appears to be that half of the idiotic posts of a sexual or violent nature are written by under 16 year olds thinking they are being clever.

They should all be limited to the chess and the help forum. [imo]

S

Moves
18 Mar 07

Kids should have as much right to this site as adults. This is a chess site and intended for discussions aboot chess. If you wish to talk aboot sex there are plenty of other forums on the internet just for that. I also don't think a separate "adult only" forum would work because 'tis very easy to lie aboot your age on the net. What would stop a 13 year old from saying he is 18 and getting on the forum to read all the inappropriate content?
Strange that you should post this after being here only 2 days. How do you presume to know so much about the site?

For your information this site has many forums which are nothing to do with chess.

You're also missing the point, the age limit is a legal position, not a wholly preventative one, you can never stop people pretending to be older than they are.

S

Moves
18 Mar 07

Do we have a problem with people showing material of sexual or violence contents? I don't feel like this is the case.

I don't want to exclude mature minors wanting to have ... good chess practice. It is more difficult to exclude unmature adults who destroyes the good spirits here.
Are you mental?

1) The forums are completely separate from playing chess.
2) Why would you expose children under the legal age to talk of bestiality or which sexual position you like?
3) Do you think a child is mature enough to consider talk of violence on a reasoned and unaffected level?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 07

I hope you ARE a child, because an adult saying such things would scare me.

P-

R
Different

Moves
19 Mar 07

For your information this site has many forums which are nothing to do with chess.
Yes I know thank you, but they have nothing to do with sex either. I see no forums called "Best Sex Positions" or "Keys to Making a Successful Orgy" or anything to that accord.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
19 Mar 07

Yes I know thank you, but they have nothing to do with sex either. I see no forums called "Best Sex Positions" or "Keys to Making a Successful Orgy" or anything to that accord.
That's not the point.
I want to discuss whatever I want in the forums. No subject should be taboo because we might offend or 'damage the fragile little mind' of some 13 year old, conservapedia.com reading, christian virgin from Texas.

S

Moves
19 Mar 07

Don't be an idiot, the forums 'debates' or 'general' could easily have the topic of sex appear in them. I don't see a forum called 'Space Travel', are you suggesting nobody should discuss this, or any of the inexhaustible number of topics the forums are not named after?