Private Forum pass for Non-Clan members

Private Forum pass for Non-Clan members

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
29 Jun 06

I think it'd be groovy if we could let non-clan members into private clan forums. My Clan has had a few members come and go over the last year, but often people have left because of game load issues, or pressures of work. It'd be really cool if they could remain as non-playing member with Private forum access. This would also allow the trend towards 'forum clans' to become less elitist, and would allow themed Clans like the 'French defense' Clan to open their forums to French defense analysis (if they wanted to of course...) 🙂

E
YNWA

Moves
29 Jun 06

As in you could have a 'request forum membership' option similar to the 'request clan membership' option?

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
29 Jun 06

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
As in you could have a 'request forum membership' option similar to the 'request clan membership' option?
Precisely. 😉

N

The sky

Moves
29 Jun 06

Funky.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
04 Jul 06

Originally posted by marinakatomb
I think it'd be groovy if we could let non-clan members into private clan forums. My Clan has had a few members come and go over the last year, but often people have left because of game load issues, or pressures of work. It'd be really cool if they could remain as non-playing member with Private forum access. This would also allow the trend towards 'fo ...[text shortened]... ' Clan to open their forums to French defense analysis (if they wanted to of course...) 🙂
I know i am going to open another "can of worms" with this, but would you want kept as a sub only ability, or open to anyone the clan wishes?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
04 Jul 06

Originally posted by KJCavalier
I know i am going to open another "can of worms" with this, but would you want kept as a sub only ability, or open to anyone the clan wishes?
Sub only. It is more consistant with the current sub/non-sub line the sand that way.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
07 Jul 06

Sub only, obviously. I see no reason why the Private forums should be limited to 20 members, it makes no sense really...

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
07 Jul 06

Originally posted by marinakatomb
Sub only, obviously. I see no reason why the Private forums should be limited to 20 members, it makes no sense really...
You should be able to change the title of the forum as well.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Jul 06

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
You should be able to change the title of the forum as well.
i don't see why not. I don't feel the need to change mine but the choice would be cool. 🙂