1. Earth Prime
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 03:11
    Originally posted by druss
    Hi, install opera browser and it will work.

Here is the link to the beta version which does expire in June.

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/products/winmobileppc/

Oh, and the pda pictured is the one I use 😀
    Bajeezus he's right! Ipaq a success on mobile.redhotpawn.com after downloading Opera. Will this version self-terminate in July though?
  2. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 13:25
    😀 well i was not expecting to be wrong. been using the forums and making most of my moves from the pda.

i think that version is a beta version which is why it will expire. i am not very familiar with the opera product range and what is free and what do you have to pay for.

i will do some investigation and post a definitive guide a little later.
  3. Joined
    20 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 06:43
    Just installed Opera on my Qtek 9090 / Windows Mobile 2003, and it works. It runs Java, which my IE doesn't. Thanks for the advice druss and Coconut.
  4. Home
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 04:12
    Just a question, does this new interface work with the PSP? I have no way of finding out, no wireless internet...
  5. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    11 May '06 13:42
    guys, I think you we will have to stump up some cash for the full Opera version when the beta expires.

I tried the free one but it did not work.
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    12 May '06 02:11
    Originally posted by druss
    guys, I think you we will have to stump up some cash for the full Opera version when the beta expires.

I tried the free one but it did not work.
    I can't move anymore that my sub ran out 🙁
  7. Joined
    20 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '06 18:28
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I can't move anymore that my sub ran out 🙁
    So did mine, and holiday is coming up. Any chance you can get a non-java version up running, Russ? (running Windows Mobile 2003, 2nd edition). Just text input like "e2-e4" would be great.
  8. Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 04:27
    Originally posted by Russ
    If you do use this new brand (or even normal RHP) on a mobile device, I would love hear about it so I can build up a list of supported devices.[/b]
    Russ, my device is a PDA phone, a Cingular 8125, Windows Mobile v5.0. The browser's info string: "Opera 8.60 for Windows Mobile (1682)". I came in through mobile.redhotpawn.com and made my latest move using it.

I had one problem but I think it's the browser's fault: With the screen slid open and the display running in Landscape mode, no problem. With the screen slid shut and running in Portrait mode, I got the right-hand side of the screen. I.e., all of the links to the right of the board are there, but no board. I think this is the browser's fault, because it doesn't offer a horizontal scrollbar (unless there's a setting I've been too lazy to look for).

D.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree