1. Subscribergregaj
    Grega Jesih
    Koper
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 16:07
    1st Observations
    - pocket IE doesn't allow moves (until Russ finishes what started)
    - I will try to find some java
    - Analyze board essential tool is missing (until Russ..)
    - Board could be (optionally) a bit bigger for hp ipaq 4700.. appx 2
    fields more space left, that would mean 10/8 space is available
    referring to present mobile boardsize. But then I'd expect tiny
    analyze board action buttons.. board is the most important
    - Sharpness of the figures is not 100%, but acceptable. I wonder why.

So much for now. Would appreciate a notice when PocketIE version is available.
  2. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 09:53
    yeppie!!!

got a 3g vodafone pda and now can play rhp whilst out and about.

thank russ for putting the effort into enabling this functionality.
  3. Joined
    29 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 19:14
    I tried it on both my cell phone using the Opera Mini web browser and on my PSP, but once I logged in and tried clicking on the "# games waiting" link. It would just take me back to the home page, where it tells you what this site is. I could never actually get to a game board. All of the other buttons (ie. forums, open invites etc.) seemed to work just fine. I see other people have been getting it to work, so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong. Perhaps it's because I'm not a subscriber yet?!

It's a great idea, being able to make moves from my phone anywhere would be sweet!
  4. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 13:00
    Originally posted by gregaj
    1st Observations
    - pocket IE doesn't allow moves (until Russ finishes what started)
    - I will try to find some java
    - Analyze board essential tool is missing (until Russ..)
    - Board could be (optionally) a bit bigger for hp ipaq 4700.. appx 2
    fields more space left, that would mean 10/8 space is available
    referring to present mobile boardsize. But th ...[text shortened]... wonder why.

So much for now. Would appreciate a notice when PocketIE version is available.
    i had to install opera. not sure which version is installed, but i think it runs out in a couple of months.

there is a free version but i don't know if it will work.
  5. Subscribergregaj
    Grega Jesih
    Koper
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 21:06
    Originally posted by druss
    [b]i had to install opera. not sure which version is installed, but i think it runs out in a couple of months. ... [b]
    Thanks druss.

I'll try it when PDA available. I'm waiting for Russ to offer xml service. I know he's up to it. And that's the ultimate customisation frontier. Then folks, we'll have opportunity to use/purchase/develop any skins and enjoy the full potential of rational communication. Can't wait.

BR
    GregaJ

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😲😵
  6. Subscribergregaj
    Grega Jesih
    Koper
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 21:07
    Damn all smileys were added at the end - I was expecting them inbetween the text where cursor was left 😕
  7. Joined
    20 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '06 19:10
    Russ, any indication on when the mobile version will work on Windows Mobile versions? You were talking about a Java free version, but just entering 'from' and 'to' fields in text would do fine for the time being.
  8. Earth Prime
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 16:16
    I still use mobile.redhotpawn.com for now to look at my games and make notes on the move I plan to make. Still useful even if I can't make the move right away.
  9. Joined
    20 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 17:35
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I still use mobile.redhotpawn.com for now to look at my games and make notes on the move I plan to make. Still useful even if I can't make the move right away.
    Yes, so do I. But it would have been even nicer to do a move on the move, though.
  10. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:17
    Originally posted by erling
    Russ, any indication on when the mobile version will work on Windows Mobile versions? You were talking about a Java free version, but just entering 'from' and 'to' fields in text would do fine for the time being.
    Hi, install opera browser and it will work.

Here is the link to the beta version which does expire in June.

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/products/winmobileppc/

Oh, and the pda pictured is the one I use 😀
  11. Earth Prime
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 22:04
    Yes, so do I. But it would have been even nicer to do a move on the move, though.
    Except for that one time that I realized the move I picked would have been mate.
  12. Joined
    20 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 11:40
    Originally posted by druss
    Hi, install opera browser and it will work.

Here is the link to the beta version which does expire in June.

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/products/winmobileppc/

Oh, and the pda pictured is the one I use 😀
    Hi druss. Thanks for the suggestion. My PDA is quite full of other stuff so I'm hesitant to install yet another browser. It would be nice to have RHP work under the Microsoft browser, there must be many people out there using it.
  13. Earth Prime
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 16:13
    I'm hesitant to install yet another browser.
    How many do you have? I only have IE, and I'm looking foward to giving that link a try when I get the time and remember.
  14. Joined
    20 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 21:26
    Originally posted by Coconut
    How many do you have? I only have IE, and I'm looking foward to giving that link a try when I get the time and remember.
    Maybe you're right, I've only got IE and it probably doesn't take that much space.
  15. Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 21:57
    I got an error after installing it about not enough space when there was. Everything works though so it could just be something to do with the Opera version.

I think you will need about 500kb.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree