Pawn Star Restriction

Pawn Star Restriction

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h
rockling

The crags

Moves
14 Feb 05

It would be useful to restrict open invites not just by rating but also by subscription status. I find subscribers are genearly keener, less likely to cheat(!), and nicer all in all. For this reason I would like to restrict my open invitations to subscribers.

B
You Cheeky

Up my own ***

Moves
14 Feb 05

Originally posted by howitzer
It would be useful to restrict open invites not just by rating but also by subscription status. I find subscribers are genearly keener, less likely to cheat(!), and nicer all in all. For this reason I would like to restrict my open invitations to subscribers.
if you get a non-subscriber then just delete the game and put up another open invite

h
rockling

The crags

Moves
14 Feb 05

Originally posted by Blobby
if you get a non-subscriber then just delete the game and put up another open invite
This is what I do at the moment, but almost 30-40% of my invites are taken by non-subscibers which means a lot of unhappy folk who suddenly find their game deleted.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 Feb 05
1 edit

This is what I do at the moment, but almost 30-40% of my invites are taken by non-subscibers which means a lot of unhappy folk who suddenly find their game deleted.
suddenly find their game deleted? Did you have it in the game title that you didn't want to play them? Don't worry about them, if they are dumb enough to click into a game they have no right to play considering the title.

P

h
rockling

The crags

Moves
14 Feb 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
suddenly find their game deleted? Did you have it in the game title that you didn't want to play them? Don't worry about them, if they are dumb enough to click into a game they have no right to play considering the title.

P
I always name the game "Pawn Stars Only" or somesuch.
It's also just a bit annoying to constantly delete the games. It's as if you were unable to 'limit' an open invite by rating and could only name it- lots of people outside of the range would ignore the name or just try their luck.

TokerSmurf

Bonnie Scotland

Moves
14 Feb 05
1 edit

I'm a non-subscriber - yet i am quite keen πŸ˜€ (play multiple moves every single day of the week) - dont cheat (unless you count knowing the rules) and consider myself to be quite nice (in most respects anywayπŸ˜‰)

Why delete a game with someone of equal (or at least similar) rating simply because the opponent doesnt have a star by his name??

Does it really matter THAT much??πŸ˜•

Ok I understand that you have put "Pawn Stars Only" in the title and yes they are stupid for joining the game regardless, but why do you discriminate at all??

(",)

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
16 Feb 05

On the flip side i find non-subscribers generally have inflated ratings. I'll happily play a 1700 non pawn star as i'll bet money their only 1500 in reality. πŸ˜€

h
rockling

The crags

Moves
16 Feb 05

On the flip side i find non-subscribers generally have inflated ratings. I'll happily play a 1700 non pawn star as i'll bet money their only 1500 in reality. πŸ˜€
Another good one. Open Invites are regularly taken by provisional players (who I don't want to mess about!) who have provisional ratings - not the most accurate!