Paired Open Invites...

Paired Open Invites...

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
17 Oct 06

It would be nice if there was an option to make open invites come with two games so that each player would get to play with either pieces.

DS

Moves
17 Oct 06

Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
It would be nice if there was an option to make open invites come with two games so that each player would get to play with either pieces.
At last, something I agree with you about.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
21 Oct 06

Does this make sense to anybody else?

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
21 Oct 06

yes, i like this idea!!

London

Moves
21 Oct 06

Yes, i agree. This would make things so much easier, save creating two differant games.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
21 Oct 06

Not only would it be conveinent, it would bind the player you're challenging into two games instead of just one.

I think they should be linked so that you can't only trash one, you must trash them both.

R
On a wave

Cornwall

Moves
21 Oct 06

Great Idea, and when appearing on the open invite board it should have a distinct appearance like a flashing icon etc: a chess piece turning from black to white alternatly and so on!

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
21 Oct 06

Originally posted by RONOC
Great Idea, and when appearing on the open invite board it should have a distinct appearance like a flashing icon etc: a chess piece turning from black to white alternatly and so on!
That is a good idea for the icon.

This should be an option for challenges as well. How do we get Russ to notice the thread?

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
26 Oct 06

THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!!!

OTHERS PLEASE COMMENT!!!

YES??? NO???

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
02 Nov 06

Yeah, I think paired open invites is a great idea.

T

Moves
03 Nov 06

While I think it would be a good option to have paired games, I don't think that paired games should replace single games. Nor do I agree that you should only be able to trash both or non at all. And in the long run it's not like it's that much work to make the 3 extra clicks to make two games of varying colors....why don't we let the site designers spend time on fixing problems and making bigger changes than just saving us lazy people the extra clicks (though I have to admit it seems like it would be an easy addition to make, realizing of course that I have no clue how to program a site like this).

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
03 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by TheNinjunny
While I think it would be a good option to have paired games, I don't think that paired games should replace single games. Nor do I agree that you should only be able to trash both or non at all.
My idea does not include either of these additions. I think single game challenges are fine. However I think if a paired invite is offered that it should be required (or at least offered as an option to the challenger) that both games be played or neither. This would stop people from circumventing the whole concept behind paired invites, that both players are given a chance with the white pieces.

T

Moves
03 Nov 06

Ok..... I guesse I missunderstood. Well then other than my point about it not being that difficult to simply create more than one game it sounds like a good idea.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
05 Nov 06

Originally posted by TheNinjunny
Ok..... I guesse I missunderstood. Well then other than my point about it not being that difficult to simply create more than one game it sounds like a good idea.
It's not really about difficulty, it's about obligating your opponent to play two games so that each player will have a chance to play with both colors to equal out the contest.

d
myglobesarentwarm

Gilbert Arizona

Moves
06 Nov 06

This is a very good idea..........making it an option is the way to go. Leaving the one game option, but giving the 2 game challenge as a start.