1. Standard membergollumprawn
    it's mine
    manchester, england
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 10:36
    if non subscribers want to use the forum then make them pay for it.
    The extra money can be used to set up a knock-out league where the winner of each league gets promoted and a cash prize depending on the league that the person is in.
  2. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 11:00
    Originally posted by gollumprawn
    The extra money can be used to set up a knock-out league where the winner of each league gets promoted and a cash prize depending on the league that the person is in.
    I don't mind non-subscibers using the forums all that much (ok, with a few exceptions).

However, what does irritate me is people who aren't even playing chess trolling the forums, posting bilge and generally being painsinthearse.

Perhaps non-subs culd be limited to a number of posts per day equal to their games in progress?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 12:29
    I don't mind non subscriber post their minds in the forum.
    But *one* forum should be subscribers only.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 16:07
    There's crap posted by subs AND non-subs.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 16:43
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    There's crap posted by subs AND non-subs.
    Can't we have a forum with no craps? Garanteed? For subs or non subs?
  6. Joined
    22 Mar '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 11:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Unfortunately there is no guarantee that a sub or non-sub will post crap until whatever they have written have been posted to the individual forums accordingly.
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 13:161 edit
    Originally posted by gollumprawn
    How about a ban on Non-sub bashing.

If you picked on a minority in this way, you would surely be banned.

Non-subs are future subs, like i used to be.
    Try giving us a genuine reason why non-subs should not post on forums. How can someone choose to subscribe to the site if there are non-sub bashers like you putting them off.

Rant over 🙄
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 18:33
    Originally posted by Redmike
    I don't mind non-subscibers using the forums all that much (ok, with a few exceptions).

However, what does irritate me is people who aren't even playing chess trolling the forums, posting bilge and generally being painsinthearse.

Perhaps non-subs culd be limited to a number of posts per day equal to their games in progress?
    I agree! Encouraging forum participation is a bad thing. We don't want or need that! What we really need is an elitist class of people who feel superior because they spent money for the right to do something that others generally do for free. Yes, that's it...a circle of self-congratulators. Any opinions contrary to theirs are just trash and there ought to be a sewage disposal charge just to compensate the site admins for having to soil their hands with such garbage!
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 00:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I agree! Encouraging forum participation is a bad thing. We don't want or need that! What we really need is an elitist class of people who feel superior because they spent money for the right to do something that others generally do for free. Yes, that's it...a circle of self-congratulators. Any opinions contrary to theirs are just trash and there oug ...[text shortened]... al charge just to compensate the site admins for having to soil their hands with such garbage!
    I understand your reasons but I really also understand why people is sick to death of people like JoniG and such trolls,they just make you want to not look the forums at all.
  10. London
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 00:36
    I agree! Encouraging forum participation is a bad thing. We don't want or need that! What we really need is an elitist class of people who feel superior because they spent money for the right to do something that others generally do for free. Yes, that's it...a circle of self-congratulators. Any opinions contrary to theirs are just trash and there oug ...[text shortened]... al charge just to compensate the site admins for having to soil their hands with such garbage!
    Quite right too.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 00:56
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That's what private forums are for. Too bad Phlab let Coconut into the PFC 😞
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:03
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I understand your reasons but I really also understand why people is sick to death of people like JoniG and such trolls,they just make you want to not look the forums at all.
    Wow...I had no idea JoniG turned into a spammer. Still, the solution is simple - just forum-ban him or her. Works for spamming subs, too!
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:14
    Wow...I had no idea JoniG turned into a spammer. Still, the solution is simple - just forum-ban him or her. Works for spamming subs, too!
    It would work better if there was even a decent chance that a mod would be around when the spamming starts.
    At one point JoniG had the last post in the entire first page of General and the posts were over around 4 minutes. Just bunches of copy pasted text.

Even if he does get a decent forum ban for it, the forum was still badly disrupted.

The same goes for cheating accusations, they hang around for hours sometimes and by the time they are removed the damage has been done.
  14. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 10:22
    I'm not sure why non-subscibers have the same access to forums and as scribers
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 10:28
    Originally posted by drdon
    I'm not sure why non-subscibers have the same access to forums and as scribers
    Perhaps because some of the non-subscribers like to scribe things as well?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree