no vacation flag use in timebank only tournaments

no vacation flag use in timebank only tournaments

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of Confusion

Lancashire

Moves
19 Feb 17

Originally posted by Kewpie
I think it's abused so frequently in timebank-only tournaments as to warrant a programming change.
Spot on Kewpie

Moves
13 Apr 17

I would move that as soon as you start any time controlled tournament, that you cannot use vacation mode. It seems I'm never in a tournament without someone abusing this feature. I'd suggest that if you were waiting on a tournament to start, but your vacation began first, that you can still use the vacation feature for the game, but once you make your first move, you can't re-enter vac mode in that tournament. Really, you're playing chess, and not for money, why be a jerk to people that want to get on with the game????

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellerBulldog
I would move that as soon as you start any time controlled tournament, that you cannot use vacation mode. It seems I'm never in a tournament without someone abusing this feature. I'd suggest that if you were waiting on a tournament to start, but your vacation began first, that you can still use the vacation feature for the game, but once you make your ...[text shortened]... playing chess, and not for money, why be a jerk to people that want to get on with the game????
Well, that would prevent me from ever using vacation, since I'm always in a timed tourney of some sort. The same can be said for nearly any highly active player on the site.

Sorry, but that suggestion's a non-starter.

Here

Moves
14 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by KellerBulldog
I would move that as soon as you start any time controlled tournament, that you cannot use vacation mode. It seems I'm never in a tournament without someone abusing this feature. I'd suggest that if you were waiting on a tournament to start, but your vacation began first, that you can still use the vacation feature for the game, but once you make your ...[text shortened]... playing chess, and not for money, why be a jerk to people that want to get on with the game????
why not get some more games to play then you wouldn't be so concerned with people having a break