1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 May '18 03:471 edit
    On some other sites there is an option available to "adjourn" games by consent, and I'd like to see that function made available here. There are other things that could be done to prevent unsportsmanlike players misusing the timeout protection function, like blocking its use in timebank-only games or particular game types, or limiting the number of days per year per player. If I use the flag, it's because I can't be sure I'll have internet access, but I still want to be able to move in my games if I can and I know my opponents will want me to have that facility. Who enjoys games which are deliberately dragged out by the opposing player?
  2. Here
    Moves
    07 May '18 06:041 edit
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Please expand your idea fully.

A few things:

* Some people do use the "vacation" system to actually cheat in timebank only tournaments. Playing while being protected while their opponent isn't.
    * "vacation" is an add on to timebank. We could do away with either if we wanted to. But if you want that you should specify it.
    * Should the player on va ...[text shortened]... ersonnally would change the vacation by showing the duration of the actual booked vacation days.
    I have recently had to undergo quite a bit of time in hospital and found that it was not a satisfactory experience on line
    I had just joined a couple of tournaments of the 1 day no time out type
    Having spent the time in hospital I found that even though I had put my vacation flag up as soon as it expired the games were soon timed out
    I now have just 10 days left for any future ( away days )
    This is the second time this has happened in recent months
    I just hope the doctors have got it right this time
    My rating during this period has gone from 1000s to 1300s to 1000s
    If the game clock had been frozen then this would not have happened
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 May '18 06:13
    This is the reason I choose not to enter 1/0 games or tournaments - they're meant for people who don't care about timeouts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree