1. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 02:241 edit
    I've heard lots of complaints about the new avatar system that's been on for the last 2 months and I too have some complaints about it. We should have a vote open to only subscribers and vote for the following options:

1. Go back to the original image system
    2. Keep the current image system

The votes should only be open for 2 months so that we can do this fast, unlike the other votes that take forever to end. 😞

Any questions, PM me or post a message here. I'll check back here tomorrow morning.

Thread 71405
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:191 edit
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    I've heard lots of complaints about the new avatar system that's been on for the last 2 months and I too have some complaints about it. We should have a vote open to only subscribers and vote for the following options:

The votes should only be open for 2 months so that we ...[text shortened]... or post a message here. I'll check back here tomorrow morning.

Thread 71405
    IMO, the picture requirements are minor details.
  3. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 08:24

The votes should only be open for 2 months so that we ...[text shortened]... or post a message here. I'll check back here tomorrow morning.

Thread 71405
    A third option of "Don't care" would be prudent.
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 18:37
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Lol. 😀
  5. The sky
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 19:46
    Originally posted by Wheely
    And some more options:

4. Keep the current system, but make the avatars bigger (e.g. 100x100).
    5. Use whatever system, but prohibit epilepsy-inducing animated avatars
    6. Keep the current system, but allow me to mess with ATY's avatar
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 20:59
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    5. Use whatever system, but prohibit epilepsy-inducing animated avatars.
    😀
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 12:05

Thread 71405
    Sorry, but the avatar system is not changing back - as mentioned elsewhere, allowing people to link to images created some really undesirable problems. My only regret is I didn't change it years ago.

-Russ
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 12:25
    Originally posted by Russ
    Sorry, but the avatar system is not changing back - as mentioned elsewhere, allowing people to link to images created some really undesirable problems. My only regret is I didn't change it years ago.

-Russ
    Couldn't you just add an option that allowed users to disable avatars? If they are on low bandwidth connections, this would not only make the page load faster because of the lack of images, it would make the HTML code smaller to download also. I think people, as a general rule, liked the fact you could have big pictures in a small frame. Some people found some cool pics, on a broadband connection the pages loaded fine (in my experience...)
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 12:44
    People who think fancy avatars are important should take their rattles and go play on YouTube.😕
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 12:45
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    People who think fancy avatars are important should take their rattles and go play on YouTube.😕
    They're not important, they're fun! No one is suggesting this is life or death here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree