New 'My Games' page

New 'My Games' page

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
30 Sep 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
I like this. I like it a lot.
Put me down as a beta tester once it won't revert my moves back.
Yes. I have every intention of looking through every single game and sorting them out, so let us know for sure when it's not going to change back.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
30 Sep 05

I like it. very cool. And a nay for me on move reminders. noone listens to them anyways, just complain about them in the forums.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Sep 05

Thanks for your feedback.

I'll see if I can address everyone's concerns, and get a new version up over the weekend.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Sep 05

Ok, I have just moved everyone's games into the new folders ready for the switch over to this new code.

Anyone who is now a beta tester will now not have to rearrange their games again when this goes live proper.

-Russ

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
30 Sep 05

too late to sign up?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
30 Sep 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Russ
Ok, I have just moved everyone's games into the new folders ready for the switch over to this new code.

Anyone who is now a beta tester will now not have to rearrange their games again when this goes live proper.

-Russ
Yay
EDIT: Is my archives not displaying in list all format (despite the setting being on) anymore intentional?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Sep 05

No.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Sep 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Yay
EDIT: Is my archives not displaying in list all format (despite the setting being on) anymore intentional?
Yes. See post above somewhere about listing all.

-Russ

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
30 Sep 05

ooohh aaahhh 🙂

thanks

Q

Austin TX

Moves
30 Sep 05

Russ,

I tried the new improved page -- nice work!! I did enounter one small cosmetic problem -- when sorting by last moved, the triangular flag points in the wrong direction.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
30 Sep 05

for what it's worth, i don't agree that you should get rid of reminders.
much better to allow people to opt out of receiving them.
reason: i play against a few people who are non-subscribers (so far) and who only play against me, or one other person, and can easily forget that it's their go.
the reminder is useful because they're not in the habit of checking into the website as part of their daily routine (remember that?).

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Sep 05
1 edit

I will put them back in, with an option for users to turn off receiving them.

Everyone is happy then.

-Russ

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
30 Sep 05

I will put them back in, with an option for users to turn off receiving them.

Everyone is happy then.

-Russ
That's great

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
30 Sep 05

Everyone is happy then.

-Russ
"Search Forums"

😠

c

Johannesburg

Moves
01 Oct 05

Only your 'inbox' can list all games. (I make the assumption that people will keep the inbox free from clutter). Some people previously had archive folders with hundreds of games being listed on one page, which was causing problems for both users and our server.

-Russ
Instead of simply assuming people will keep their 'Current Games' free of clutter, you could force this. You could do this by automatically moving games completed a month before into the Archives folder.

Otherwise I foresee some people deciding to leave all their games in that folder simply so they can 'View complete list'.