My Thread List option?

My Thread List option?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chess Monk

Surrey

Moves
17 Apr 07

Would be handy if I could go into a forum and filter the thread list on ones that I have started. I would find this especially useful if I am on vacation for a couple of weeks and just want to check if anyone has added to a thread I started. In the Chess Only and General forums the threads change so often it would be really handy

As an extension to this. Would love to have a "My Watch Thread list" option. For instance, I would be able to flag a thread to watch, and then I could filter the thread list on that flag.

I understand this is a "chess" site and I've only been here for a short time but there is obviously quite a "chess and beyond" community here and currently the forum/thread options are quite limited.

Thanks
Steve

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
17 Apr 07

Originally posted by SPDChess
Would be handy if I could go into a forum and filter the thread list on ones that I have started. I would find this especially useful if I am on vacation for a couple of weeks and just want to check if anyone has added to a thread I started. In the Chess Only and General forums the threads change so often it would be really handy

As an extension to thi ...[text shortened]... community here and currently the forum/thread options are quite limited.

Thanks
Steve
You use firefox, don't you?

D

Chess Monk

Surrey

Moves
17 Apr 07

Yep, is that one of the greasemonkey scripts? I didn't see anything which did that? Can you tell me which one

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
17 Apr 07

Yep, is that one of the greasemonkey scripts? I didn't see anything which did that? Can you tell me which one
The forum posting script, and the bookmark achieves pretty much what you need, in a slightly different implementation.

D

Chess Monk

Surrey

Moves
17 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
The forum posting script, and the bookmark achieves pretty much what you need, in a slightly different implementation.

D
Thanks Ragnorak

I can see how the bookmark works for the watching threads, great. Can see if I remember to bookmark thread I have started I could get that too.

Not a big fan of the highlighting 'new' entries because I don't necessarily look at each page of every thread, the highlighting won't really help.

I would still like to put forward my suggestion as part of the site or a request for script which would give me a My Threads list

Also meant to ask if anyone else knows what you're suppose to do when I get a message saying there is an update to the script. Usually the only option I get is to open/load the script in a new tab. What am I suppose to do with this new script?

Thanks
Steve

DS

Moves
17 Apr 07
1 edit

Thanks Ragnorak

Can see if I remember to bookmark thread I have started I could get that too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I get a message saying there is an update to the script. Usually the only option I get is to open/load the script in a new tab. What am I suppose to do with this new script?

Thanks
Steve
It's automatic for your own threads/posts.
------------------------------------

Ignore it, it goes away after the first time apparently.

Chess Monk

Surrey

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Ignore it, it goes away after the first time apparently.
Thanks Doc, If I may call you Doc that is 😉

I assume it is getting updated then