Move messages, more history displayed

Move messages, more history displayed

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
29 Jul 09

Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why not bxc5?", that kind of thing, but a message via profile, and unconnected to the game (there is some link I could make, but have no easy way to do so), doesn't cut it.

Plus I think I should not have to open analysis board at all, and certainly not find out my last move. With 40+ games, I feel that I tend to loose what even prompted the move of my opponent. So not only display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
Kay

G
Borderer

Scotland

Moves
29 Jul 09
3 edits

Originally posted by kayhayen
Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
Kay
Misread post, ignore this.

DS

Moves
29 Jul 09
3 edits

Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
Kay
There IS a "message opponent" link on the right hand side of the board. It displays whatever you write in it above the board to your opponent when he looks at your move.

k

Moves
29 Jul 09

Oh my god, do I feel silly now. But you have to admit it was a good idea. :p

Yours,
Kay

DS

Moves
29 Jul 09

Oh my god, do I feel silly now. But you have to admit it was a good idea. :p

Yours,
Kay
Yes it would've been a great idea. 😵

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
29 Jul 09

Hello,

I think I would appreciate a little box to enter text that gets displayed to the opponent when I move. Like a place to say "nice move, but take this". Would be more social that way, I think. Obviously the receiver may have an option to not display these messages by default per play, etc. so they can't be abused. Sometimes I would like to say "why ...[text shortened]... display his last move, but also at least as text, my last move before his.

Yours,
Kay
I love this idea!!!! More, more more. Keep' em coming. We're bound to be a Class A chess sooner or later.