1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 16:01
    @venda

It's a bit awkward, but the workaround is to PM the winner after you resign.

I second your motion to code for a terminal farewell message.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jan '20 14:51
    @moonbus said
    @venda

It's a bit awkward, but the workaround is to PM the winner after you resign.

I second your motion to code for a terminal farewell message.
    Nice timing with your post! 😉

-VR
  3. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    08 Jan '20 09:21
    @venda said
    It would seem that you can only send a message via the "chat" funtion whilst a game is still in progress.
    I have sent several messages over time when resigning games such as "well played" etc which, I have just discovered ,have not been conveyed to my victrious opponent.
    I would like to see this rectified please
    Is this right that messages sent when resigning don’t get delivered ?
    I can’t say all the messages I’ve sent when resigning have gone through, but I think, from the response I’ve had in a rematch game, that at least some have.
    Russ, could you clarify one way or the other please.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    08 Jan '20 09:32
    @tommovich said
    Is this right that messages sent when resigning don’t get delivered ?
    I can’t say all the messages I’ve sent when resigning have gone through, but I think, from the response I’ve had in a rematch game, that at least some have.
    Russ, could you clarify one way or the other please.
    Can I just second this, I often send a 'well played' on resigning (which happens with depressing regularity) on the assumption that it arrives, being a polite sort of chap and all. One does not wish to appear rude or mean - spirited!
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '20 15:20
    A message is recorded, but not brought to the opponent's attention (beyond the "game finished" notification) unless they check the "My Home" page where "Completed Games In Last 7 Days" shows any last messages.

If your opponent views the game directly, then the message is visible, of course.

The Game Chat and Private Message systems are distinct, but a notification could certainly be raised during a resignation alerting the opponent to the existence of a final message.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Jan '20 18:08
    Would anyone like to resign against me to test this feature?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '20 18:292 edits
    @moonbus

Nothing to test - chat message notification not added yet.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Jan '20 19:35
    @russ said
    @moonbus

Nothing to test - chat message notification not added yet.
    Thanks for your attention Russ.
    I think we realise this is not high priority but look forward to the feature in a future version
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '20 22:33
    @venda said
    Thanks for your attention Russ.
    I think we realise this is not high priority but look forward to the feature in a future version
    If you look down your list of won/lost games you can see if someone left you a note and also you can reply to it. I just did it today!

-VR
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Jan '20 16:29
    The game conclusion notification (if not disabled) will now alert the recipient to a waiting message on resignation. A copy of any final chat message is included in the notification too.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 14:09
    @russ said
    The game conclusion notification (if not disabled) will now alert the recipient to a waiting message on resignation. A copy of any final chat message is included in the notification too.
    Thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree