List your own recommended posts

List your own recommended posts

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
19 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
IMO the only thing recs are a rating for is how much someone needs to get away from their computer more.
I guess I'm in trouble then.

EDIT: At least I'm not posting while on my Indian holiday.

m
That would be me

Behind the couch

Moves
19 May 06

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
IMO the only thing recs are a rating for is how much someone needs to get away from their computer more.
Couldn't agree more.

The idea of rec'ing a worthy post and/or thread makes sense. I get that. It helps to find the 'best' new posts and threads.

But the idea of cumulative rec's against your forum profile is arse. I say all rec's for everyone put at zero 1st of every month.

N

The sky

Moves
21 May 06

Originally posted by malinga
Couldn't agree more.

The idea of rec'ing a worthy post and/or thread makes sense. I get that. It helps to find the 'best' new posts and threads.

But the idea of cumulative rec's against your forum profile is arse. I say all rec's for everyone put at zero 1st of every month.
The point, at least for me, would be that you could see more easily which of your posts got recommended. It's not very important, but I find it interesting to know which of my posts people found worthy of a recommendation. I wouldn't mind if the list would only show the recommendations of the last 30 days or so. And the rec number shown together with the user name in the forums should be dropped in my opinion.

First of all I'd like to get back the list of recommended posts of the week, though.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
21 May 06
1 edit

what's a rec? 😞😛

N

The sky

Moves
23 May 06

Well, I guess Russ didn't like the idea, as it's now not even possible to find your wrecks in your list of posts anymore. 😕

C

Earth Prime

Moves
24 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
Well, I guess Russ didn't like the idea, as it's now not even possible to find your wrecks in your list of posts anymore. 😕
Woah. What's goin on eh?

edit: i knew something was different.. "Was that number of threads always there?" This seems to be a side-effect of Russ removing the '0 reccomendations' from private forum posts.

DS

Moves
24 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by malinga
..But the idea of cumulative rec's against your forum profile is arse. I say all rec's for everyone put at zero 1st of every month.
Good idea.
The trouble with completely removing the cumulative number is that you would not know if and when a post had been recommended without searching.

edit; if you can even find it that way now!

s

Moves
25 May 06
1 edit

I'm telling you people! * Looking left * There are sinister forces at play here. * Looking right * Out to get me! ME! If I hadn't suggested this, the recs might still have been there. Sorry folks. 😞

Or, what coco said. 😕

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by stocken
I'm telling you people! * Looking left * There are sinister forces at play here. * Looking right * Out to get me! ME!
You're Looking Sideways material...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
26 May 06

Originally posted by stocken
I'm telling you people! * Looking left * There are sinister forces at play here. * Looking right * Out to get me! ME! If I hadn't suggested this, the recs might still have been there. Sorry folks. 😞

Or, what coco said. 😕
Just a bug, it will be back 🙂

-Russ

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
28 May 06

It's my opinion that Russel has grown jealous of those who have more than him.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
29 May 06

Originally posted by Bowmann
It's my opinion that Russel has grown jealous of those who have more than him.
i think its pretty much tells the sad story of your life that you actually have more recs than moves