Let's get rid of recs!!

Let's get rid of recs!!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
07 Sep 05

Recs are used in a silly way since a lot of time now and taking a look at the Recommended post forum it's a complete waste of time.
One out of 10 posts maybe is really worth a rec,the other 9 are garbage.
Let's eliminate recs and the recs count completely!!

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
08 Sep 05

Let's not!

I like them, actually. But I would like to see the improvement (because I think it is) originally proposed by others, of a list of people in the post who actually recced a particular post.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
08 Sep 05

Perhaps a rec moderator would help. Only allowing through recs to the posts that deserve them.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
Perhaps a rec moderator would help. Only allowing through recs to the posts that deserve them.
but why should a mod determine what deserves a rec

just cancel out the people that go through and rec all the posts by a particular person or in a particular thread

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by Ravello
Recs are used in a silly way since a lot of time now and taking a look at the Recommended post forum it's a complete waste of time.
Gets my rec....oops!

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
08 Sep 05

how about meerly getting rid of the "total rec" count under posters avatar?

Moves
08 Sep 05

Each persons rec should be given a weighting which reduces if they give out a lot of recs. I've suggested this before.

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
08 Sep 05

Rec whore!

over your head

Moves
08 Sep 05

Perhaps you should have rec accounts - get the right to give out ten recs when you subscribe, plus 1 free rec a week after that - anything more comes out of your own recs

C

Earth Prime

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by Siskin
Perhaps you should have rec accounts - get the right to give out ten recs when you subscribe, plus 1 free rec a week after that - anything more comes out of your own recs
perhaps we should be able to wager recs on games. Or give recs in exchange for goods and services. Recs should become the currency of RHP

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by Coconut
perhaps we should be able to wager recs on games. Or give recs in exchange for goods and services. Recs should become the currency of RHP
Could you spare me few recs for a cup of tea?

p
GTX

Aberdeen, Scotland

Moves
09 Sep 05

I'll rec that!

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
11 Sep 05

How about those who give a toss about recs continue to do so, and those who don't ignore them? Would that work for everybody?