Ladder Challenges

Ladder Challenges

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Mar 11

There should be a button that if hit automatically challenges the player highest up
the ladder that is available. You could set an auto challenge button too that does
the same thing. I forget to check when I can challenge someone on the ladders
I play on, since I want to move to the top I'd like to do it as quickly as possible
and this would help.
Kelly

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
12 Mar 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
There should be a button that if hit automatically challenges the player highest up
the ladder that is available. You could set an auto challenge button too that does
the same thing. I forget to check when I can challenge someone on the ladders
I play on, since I want to move to the top I'd like to do it as quickly as possible
and this would help.
Kelly
A default button could be do challenge the highest rated player up the ladder that's the best match.

The formula could be something like:

challenge the highest rated player up the ladder so long as the rating strength is equal or less to your own
and, if all players up the ladder are higher rated, then
Challenge the highest rated player up the ladder who has the smallest margin advantage if all players up the ladder are higher rated

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by coquette
A default button could be do challenge the highest rated player up the ladder that's the best match.

The formula could be something like:

challenge the highest rated player up the ladder so long as the rating strength is equal or less to your own
and, if all players up the ladder are higher rated, then
Challenge the highest rated player up the ladder who has the smallest margin advantage if all players up the ladder are higher rated
I want the highest, if is someone much higher than me by rating so be it. 🙂 It is all
about chess and climbing the ladder if I can get a very high rated player I'm even
happier.
Kelly

Moves
13 Mar 11

This would mean peanuts. Just pay attention. Finish your game, challenge.

What would make more sense for 'going up quick', is a system that relegates inactive players. As asked in plenty of threads.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 11

Originally posted by BartVH
This would mean peanuts. Just pay attention. Finish your game, challenge.

What would make more sense for 'going up quick', is a system that relegates inactive players. As asked in plenty of threads.
Its done in tournaments why not ladders?
I carry a lot of games, and if I'm not careful I could space restarting a new ladder
game slowing up possible progress.
Kelly