Junk mail in Notifications

Junk mail in Notifications

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
15 Oct 15
1 edit

There are club tourney notifications. They come in batches and get deleted in batches as soon as they appear. Now we have the "you got a thumb" junk mail, which comes one piece at a time and requires more frequent attention.

Could we please be provided with a means of turning these things off? I'd much prefer if my Notifications icon only lit up when there's a real announcement.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
15 Oct 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
There are club tourney notifications. They come in batches and get deleted in batches as soon as they appear. Now we have the "you got a thumb" junk mail, which comes one piece at a time and requires more frequent attention.

Could we please be provided with a means of turning these things off? I'd much prefer if my Notifications icon only lit up when there's a real announcement.
I have updated the other thread about this. Notification now only applies to public forums, and happens only at 3, 9 and 18 up votes.

Some true configurability is required, of course. Right now, it is just an experiment.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
16 Oct 15

Originally posted by Russ
I have updated the other thread about this. Notification now only applies to public forums, and happens only at 3, 9 and 18 up votes.

Some true configurability is required, of course. Right now, it is just an experiment.
A really handy notification would be when someone replies to a post of yours.

It would have to have an option in settings to turn on / off.

I don't post much usually, so don't always notice when replies are made to posts I've previously left. Having a notice would allow me to ignore things properly - instead of just by default.