Indication of draw offer.

Indication of draw offer.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
14 Dec 08

There appears to be no record of draw offers in a game. If there was this would stop people offering draws several times in the same game when they couldn't remember if they had already.

DS

Moves
15 Dec 08

I've seen in books and magazines that they have an = sign next to where the offer was made in the list of moves. Could this not be incorporated into the game history?

R
Different

Moves
15 Dec 08

Yes, it would probably be especially useful for people with a huge game load, for whom it is not so easy to remember every draw offer.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Dec 08

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
There appears to be no record of draw offers in a game. If there was this would stop people offering draws several times in the same game when they couldn't remember if they had already.
I like your idea. What I do so I remember, is send my opponent an in game message of my draw offer, and why it is a draw. Perpetual check for an example.

It does get irritating when opponents keep repeating the draw offer, especially when you happen to be up by a minor piece or two. 😉 ! I find then the iggy feature, comes in nice and usefull. 🙂

F

Moves
17 Dec 08

By the FIDE rule E13 a draw offer shall be marked in the protocol.

"FIDE E13: The offer of a draw shall be marked as (=)."

It would be good if the pgn of the game is marked the same way.