Housekeeping in the Forums

Housekeeping in the Forums

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
16 Dec 07

"Site Map" has a list of forums
"Forums" drop-down menu in the coloured bar at top of screen has a list of forums
"Forums" click-on link just below the coloured bar has a list of forums

and they're all different! Some of them have had name changes, some have completely disappeared.

I'd like to get a look at "Meet Opponents" which is only in the Site Map and can't be clicked on. Any chance?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by MissOleum
"Forums" drop-down menu in the coloured bar at top of screen has a list of forums

and they're all different! Some of them have had name changes, some have completely disappeared.

I'd like to get a look at "Meet Opponents" which is only in the Site Map and can't be clicked on. Any chance?
Meat Opponents was removed because it was being used as a way for 30+ scum to pretend they were 17 and looking for gurlz to ch@.

P-

N

The sky

Moves
16 Dec 07

Apparently the Site Map hasn't been updated for ages. Not only does it still show the Meet Opponents forum, they also haven't added the Spirituality forum (which was already there when I joined in April 2005) and the Sports forum.

M

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Meat Opponents was removed because it was being used as a way for 30+ scum to pretend they were 17 and looking for gurlz to ch@.

P-
We have an Introductions thread in our clan forum where we share small items like "George, 31, Pakistani working in China, dog-lover" which makes games more interesting, without getting out of hand.

Given the anonymous nature of RHP (the only thing real about participants is their email address, which itself is easily faked) I suspect it would be impossible to keep unpolluted, which is a pity but inevitable I suppose.

How about a forum visible only to people who've provided real identification to RHP - subscribers with validated credit card details being an obvious start.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Dec 07

We have an Introductions thread in our clan forum where we share small items like "George, 31, Pakistani working in China, dog-lover" which makes games more interesting, without getting out of hand.

Given the anonymous nature of RHP (the only thing real about participants is their email address, which itself is easily faked) I suspect it would be imposs ...[text shortened]... dentification to RHP - subscribers with validated credit card details being an obvious start.
RHP would need to run background checks on each user.

"My mom signed me up, I'm 17 and want to play gurlz!"

Too much work, and can't work. Even if it's not someone playing pretend, it turns into a dating site.

P-

M

Moves
16 Dec 07

I guess you're right. 🙁

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
16 Dec 07

P-
HEY!!! I'm forty + 😠 😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by KingDavid403
HEY!!! I'm forty + 😠 😛
Are you fat, greasy, and typing with one hand?

I'm only a couple few years behind you... but if anyone asks tell them I'm 28.

P-

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
17 Dec 07
1 edit

... but if anyone asks tell them I'm 28.

P-
Yea - right !

(With apols to Tui's)

skeeter

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
17 Dec 07

Are you fat, greasy, and typing with one hand?

I'm only a couple few years behind you... but if anyone asks tell them I'm 28.

P-
Are you fat, I could lose a few pounds. 30 would be nice.
Are you greasy I shower at least every other day.
[b]Are you typing with one hand?{/b] I have to type with my toes.

I'm 29. I've been 29 for 16 years now. 😀 It won't be long until I turn 39.😕