game format

game format

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
23 Apr 15

Why did you change a perfectly good thing??????

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
23 Apr 15

Originally posted by Rambu
Why did you change a perfectly good thing??????
Why, just to p|ss you off, of course. 😵

No, it's because the site needed to display better on mobile devices, since more and more people are using those to do their web browsing.

R

Moves
24 Apr 15

Would be nice if we could change the size of the board on a mobile device, as you can imagine your fingers are hitting every piece except the chosen one

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Apr 15

Would be nice if we could change the size of the board on a mobile device, as you can imagine your fingers are hitting every piece except the chosen one
On my Android phone, the board always fills the width of the screen. This is as large as it can possibly be while remaining square. Is it different on your device?

R

Moves
24 Apr 15

On my device, I had the capability of zooming in and out the size of the board, now its just a small square

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Apr 15

On my device, I had the capability of zooming in and out the size of the board, now its just a small square
What device do you have?

Australia

Moves
24 Apr 15

You have a choice of five board sizes in your MySettings>MyBoardSettings - try them out to see which one is best for your device.

F

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
You have a choice of five board sizes in your MySettings>MyBoardSettings - try them out to see which one is best for your device.
That doesn't change anything for me (on iPhone6). Set it on Mini: board is still as large as possible, filling the screen.

R

Moves
24 Apr 15

I have an android made by Alcatel, put out by T Mobile. My problem is just the opposite of flower04, no matter what I select the board remains in the mini state!!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Apr 15
1 edit

The board size is a "max" preference now, so the board will not scale beyond the currently selected choice. (This is changed from the previous version, where you set the actual board size.)

This is a site setting - so not ideal if you access from different devices where you may want different maximum sizes.

This setting will become a per-device setting, with finer control over the sizes in the very near future. (We will probably add a slider control to set this) Otherwise, the maximum possible board size will continue to be used.

R

Moves
25 Apr 15

That would be a welcome addition!

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Why, just to p|ss you off, of course. 😵

No, it's because the site needed to display better on mobile devices, since more and more people are using those to do their web browsing.
That's no excuse for making it worse on a proper screen.

Australia

Moves
25 Apr 15

Most of us full-size users also play on smaller devices. We lose a few things from our big screen facilities but we also gain better use from our smaller devices. Personally, I grumble because everyone grumbles when things change, but overall I think I'm winning. Life is much more pleasant if one can adapt to new things - I remember saying that I'd never use a microwave ...

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
26 Apr 15

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
That's no excuse for making it worse on a proper screen.
I didn't say it was. I'm sure Russ will use the classic programmer's fallback excuse of "bugs caused by rush to production." Works for me.