Forward/Back moves in Games Explorer

Forward/Back moves in Games Explorer

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
11 Jul 07

To operate these moves it is necessary to scroll down to the bottom of the page underneath the advert and then back up again to see the move and then again and again and again. Up down up down......
Would it not be possible to have the move buttons in the same view as the board.
Yeah, I know this is a non subscriber issue but it makes it almost unusable or was that the intention, I wonder????

DS

Moves
12 Jul 07

I agree, I no longer bother with it because of that.

rec'd.

M
A Chess Friend :-)

Texas :-)

Moves
12 Jul 07

Oh! I didn't even realize that there *was* a back move button. I've just been using my browser's page back and page forward buttons. It's worked fine for me. Y'all might want to try it. :-)

I *loooooove* Games Explorer! :-D

:-)

DS

Moves
13 Jul 07

Originally posted by MrJohn
Oh! I didn't even realize that there *was* a back move button. I've just been using my browser's page back and page forward buttons. It's worked fine for me. Y'all might want to try it. :-)

I *loooooove* Games Explorer! :-D

:-)
Yeah but you cant go to the next move if it hasn't already been played through on your computer.
Unless you scroll down and click the right button. And then back up to see what it was......ad infinitum.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Jul 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Yeah but you cant go to the next move if it hasn't already been played through on your computer.
Unless you scroll down and click the [b]right
button. And then back up to see what it was......ad infinitum.[/b]
You do realise that you're not actually talking about the Games Explorer, right?

Also, just maximise the Analyse Board screen, and you don't need to scroll.

D

DS

Moves
13 Jul 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Ragnorak
You do realise that you're not actually talking about the Games Explorer, right?

Also, just maximise the [b]Analyse Board
screen, and you don't need to scroll.

D[/b]
I am talking about the games explorer - when it comes down to the last game with the moves you are following.
If you carry on to the rest of the game it opens in a new window with the aforementioned scenario.
Just checked again and it seems to be the same in the analyse board too.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8954/analyseki5.jpg = analyse board

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2035/explorercs2.jpg = explorer

Screenshots done in IE mode but it's virtually the same in firefox. When you go down past the advert or the white square to the arrows the board is too far up to see it. If it was just under the "cancel" link it would be ideal.
What does it look like to a subscriber? I guess the middle block is just not there??

N

The sky

Moves
14 Jul 07

What does it look like to a subscriber? I guess the middle block is just not there??
Correct.

DS

Moves
14 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
Correct.
-----------------------------------

Thought so - thanks for confirming.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Jul 07

Maximise the analyse board screen.

Fixed!

D

DS

Moves
15 Jul 07

Maximise the analyse board screen.

Fixed!

D
The screenshots I posted are after it's been maximised.

It probably still works ok for you as you are a recent sub. [that's just a guess]

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
15 Jul 07

It probably still works ok for you as you are a recent sub. [that's just a guess]
Two easy solutions -

1) subscribe 😉
2) get a bigger monitor

Either of these should sort the problem.

[for the record, I think you're talking about the 'game history' and not games explorer (http://www.timeforchesss.com/gamesexplorer)]

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Jul 07

Increase the resolution of your monitor.

FIXED!

D

DS

Moves
15 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by orangutan
Two easy solutions -

1) subscribe 😉
2) get a bigger monitor

Either of these should sort the problem.

[for the record, I think you're talking about the 'game history' and not games explorer (http://www.timeforchesss.com/gamesexplorer)]
No - the screenshots above are for where I said they were for. Log out and try for yourself as a visitor to the site - then you may catch on to what I am on about.

1. I wouldn't subscribe JUST to see some buttons that ought to be visible when the board is on the screen.
2. I wouldn't get a bigger monitor JUST to correct this fault. (actually not too easy to get a bigger monitor on a laptop anyway]

Any more bright ideas? 🙁

edit: and btw that link is broke unless TFC is.

N

The sky

Moves
15 Jul 07

edit: and btw that link is broke unless TFC is.
Only Time For Chesss is broken, Time For Chess works fine.

http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/

DS

Moves
15 Jul 07

Increase the resolution of your monitor.

FIXED!

D
That would help, if I could bear squinting at everything else. 😲

I think they should just move the ad/white square to the bottom, I mean nobody ever looks at 'em anyway do they?