1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 14:581 edit
    It would be nice if we were able to reply to these, so if we disagreed with a decision to remove a post and/or thread we could present our arguments to the one who did it.

EDIT: Damnit; didn't check the spelling in the title.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 17:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It would be nice if we were able to reply to these, so if we disagreed with a decision to remove a post and/or thread we could present our arguments to the one who did it.

Big Brother is watching over us.

Whether we agree or not.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 22:53

I know it will come as a shock to you, but I'd support this proposition, in the form of a "reply" link in messages sent from Forum Moderator.
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 23:14

You can send messages, they just won't ever be opened and read. They simply languish until they die the 30-day death.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 23:371 edit

IF there was to be a debate on the post or thread being removed, I would assume they would have set it up that way 😛 🙄😛 I have had posts removed too, sometimes I was told why sometimes not. Should it have been removed? Most likely yes !

We are not always going to agree, but I think the Mods have a thankless job to do as it is, without us crying over a thread or a post being removed...I have done it too, we are all guilty of it. Just dry the tears and move on 🙂 !
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:12
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I know it will come as a shock to you, but I'd support this proposition, in the form of a "reply" link in messages sent from Forum Moderator.
    That's all I was proposing.

I've had discussions with Forum Mods that resulted in removed posts being reinstated or had them explain to me what was offensive about a post allowing me to rephrase it to make it acceptable. But currently the Forum Moderator PMs don't allow a response. If they want to retain anonymity fine; but at least give people a chance to engage in a dialogue.
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:20
    While a appreciate that you would want to object if you thought something was unfair (i know i would definitely feel like that) don't you think it would make the moderators job a bit of a chore? I mean, love them or hate them, these guys volunteer and do this stuff for free. How many people can you imagine would really be willing to give up their time to endlessly discuss the in's and out's of this decision or that. If you were questioned on everything you did in your job, every little thing, would you be happy? Not really. These guys probably make bad calls from time to time, fair enough. However, the fact remains, it is remarkably difficult to get banned from these forums! You've got to ask yourself (and i don't mean this as some sort of egotistical attack or some rubbish, but...) perhaps it's not the moderators who are at fault here...?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:27
    That's all I was proposing.

I've had discussions with Forum Mods that resulted in removed posts being reinstated or had them explain to me what was offensive about a post allowing me to rephrase it to make it acceptable. But currently the Forum Moderator PMs don't allow a response. If they want to retain anonymity fine; but at least give people a chance to engage in a dialogue.
    You must "special" when exceptions are made for you, to be able to change or re-word something,or have a post reinstated. Perhaps you want to share, with the rest of us, how you manage to get this done?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    While a appreciate that you would want to object if you thought something was unfair (i know i would definitely feel like that) don't you think it would make the moderators job a bit of a chore? I mean, love them or hate them, these guys volunteer and do this stuff for free. How many people can you imagine would really be willing to give up their time to attack or some rubbish, but...) perhaps it's not the moderators who are at fault here...?
    They wouldn't have to respond and in some cases it's perfectly obvious why a post is removed, but I don't see any harm in giving them the option to. It might save them work in the long run, if they clearly articulate what is objectionable to someone who doesn't understand what the problem was. I try to conform to the forum posting rules; there's little sense violating them.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:33
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You must "special" when exceptions are made for you, to be able to change or re-word something,or have a post reinstated. Perhaps you want to share, with the rest of us, how you manage to get this done?
    Sometimes the individual Mod will PM me and we discuss it like adults. I don't consider that is getting "special treatment".
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:391 edit
    Sometimes the individual Mod will PM me and we discuss it like adults. I don't consider that is getting "special treatment".
    I don't know about that, as it has NEVER happpened to me. Perhaps it is because you been here longer than me, and know the Older Mods better. Just seemed like special treatment to me, perhaps I am wrong, and this happens to many people, just not me :'(

It is ok, the tears will dry !
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:48
    They wouldn't have to respond and in some cases it's perfectly obvious why a post is removed, but I don't see any harm in giving them the option to. It might save them work in the long run, if they clearly articulate what is objectionable to someone who doesn't understand what the problem was. I try to conform to the forum posting rules; there's little sense violating them.
    Well, it is good to see you have turned over a new leaf...I re-call many posts of yours and mine removed in a discussion we had not so very long ago !!
  13. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 01:13
    I don't know about this but I assume that if a post is removed I means that it was offending.

And an offending post is posted by an offending person.

If you allow this person to reply a moderation message, it will become a new discussion over PM for sure.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 01:201 edit
    Just an on going thing, has almost become habit now, but is getting boring actually 😞

Perhaps more than one new leaf will get turned 😛
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 01:20
    Originally posted by Superman
    I don't know about this but I assume that if a post is removed I means that it was offending.

And an offending post is posted by an offending person.

If you allow this person to reply a moderation message, it will become a new discussion over PM for sure.
    And that would be a problem ............ why?

It is often unclear why a post is removed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree