flags

flags

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
lord deepwater

In a hole looking up

Moves
28 Apr 07

Can we add the EEC Flag to the international list and while we are at it maybe the Olympic flag oh and a pirate flag,Anarchist etc.Come on RHP lets loosen up here a bit

F

Moves
28 Apr 07

Flags are not always indicating location of the player, not always indicating the nationality, not always indicating anything rather that it is a fancy flag.

I would like to have the information of the players time zone, so I know if the player is awake when I am, so we can have a quick game.

s
Astrophysicist

Outer Space

Moves
29 Apr 07

Although being in the same time zone doesn't guarantee they'll be awake at the same time as you. 🙂

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by sven1000
Although being in the same time zone doesn't guarantee they'll be awake at the same time as you. 🙂
And not all players in the same country are in the same time zone.

For example, players in New York and Honolulu are a more than a couple of hours apart, as are players in Moscow and Vladivostok. Within the EU, it's the same for players in Ireland and Poland.

See also Thread 64035

s
Astrophysicist

Outer Space

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by c99ux
And not all players in the same country are in the same time zone.

For example, players in New York and Honolulu are a more than a couple of hours apart, as are players in Moscow and Vladivostok. Within the EU, it's the same for players in Ireland and Poland.

See also Thread 64035
Of course they are not. I wasn't claiming anything of the sort. Just pointing out that knowing the time zone is no more a guarantee of time synch than flag or whatever. Probably more of an indicator, but still uncertain.

F

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by sven1000
Of course they are not. I wasn't claiming anything of the sort. Just pointing out that knowing the time zone is no more a guarantee of time synch than flag or whatever. Probably more of an indicator, but still uncertain.
Well, I think that the time zone information is pretty reliable. Who want to hve the wrong time stamp on the moves?
The time doesn't from your computers clock, it comes from the RHP server after it is added or subtracted with your time zone difference.

M
A Chess Friend :-)

Texas :-)

Moves
02 May 07

How about a Texas flag?

Texas *was* an independent nation for ten years. :-)

S

Dublin

Moves
03 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Well, I think that the time zone information is pretty reliable. Who want to hve the wrong time stamp on the moves?
The time doesn't from your computers clock, it comes from the RHP server after it is added or subtracted with your time zone difference.
Sure, but people play at different times of the day so you still can't be sure that they'll be around when you are even if they're in the same time zone.

s
Astrophysicist

Outer Space

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by Schumi
Sure, but people play at different times of the day so you still can't be sure that they'll be around when you are even if they're in the same time zone.
This is exactly what I was trying to get at. 😉

F

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by Schumi
True, true, but this is a matter of statistics.

If I play with a player from my own time zone, I know that the odds favours tha fact that we have more or less the same day rythm as I have.

The majority of the players tends to live in the American continent, meaning that I have no one to play with in my morning until noon. Booring. 😴

So if I challenge people eastward of my time zone, it balanced out so I have players to play with all the day (even all night too).

Now when I challenge someone with the Chineese flag, I don't know if he's playing from New York or Hong Kong. I have to ask him first.

If the information about a players time zone is presented by the rest of the information of him I know when he has his sleeping period and when he is active.

M

Montréal, Québec

Moves
14 May 07

So, Fabian,

I see that flags have a huge utility here...

just 3 days left... (???)

😀

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
14 May 07

give the legendy brefne men their own flag

M

Montréal, Québec

Moves
15 May 07

These 37 flags are not representing countries.
They may represent nations but Québec is a nation.
Tolerate a different treatment of players in this site depend
on what part of the planet they come is outrageous and racist.

THESE ARE NOT COUNTRIES !

American Samoa
Antarctica
Aruba
Bermuda
British Indian Ocean Territory
Cayman Islands
Cook Islands
England
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
French Polynesia
Gibraltar
Guam
Hong Kong
Latvia
Macau
Martinique
Montserrat
Netherlands Antilles
Niue
Norfolk Island
Northern Ireland
Northern Mariana Islands
Pitcairn
Puerto Rico
Scotland
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
St. Helena
St. Pierre and Miquelon
Tibet
Tokelau
Turks and Caicos Islands
Virgin Islands (British)
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Wales
Wallis and Futuna Islands
Western Sahara

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
15 May 07

Originally posted by Moraito
These 37 flags are not representing countries.
They may represent nations but Québec is a nation.
Tolerate a different treatment of players in this site depend
on what part of the planet they come is outrageous and racist.

THESE ARE NOT COUNTRIES !

American Samoa
Antarctica
Aruba
Bermuda
British Indian Ocean Territory
Cayman Islands
Cook I ...[text shortened]... irgin Islands (British)
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Wales
Wallis and Futuna Islands
Western Sahara
Here's an easy reference for you:

http://www.internetworldstats.com/list2.htm#af

Surprisingly, Quebec isn't on the list!

F

Moves
15 May 07

My god, Moraito hijackes another thread and goes off topic.
He has a dream, he really does, but for the rest of us he is a nightmare.