FischerRandom option

FischerRandom option

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
03 Aug 05

could the option to randomize the back row according to FR's rules be included easily as an option alongside "set peices"? if people wanted to play FR, then they would just click it and the backrows would be automatically randomized.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Aug 05

Originally posted by Darth Sponge
could the option to randomize the back row according to FR's rules be included easily as an option alongside "set peices"? if people wanted to play FR, then they would just click it and the backrows would be automatically randomized.
I would take this further. The option to play rated FR games would rock.

DS

Moves
03 Aug 05

come on people, this could be fun- so who's for it? let's hear it!

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
04 Aug 05

i've not heard of this before. can you still castle?

The winemaker

Austria

Moves
04 Aug 05

Originally posted by murrow
i've not heard of this before. can you still castle?
yes you can.

http://www.chessvariants.org/diffsetup.dir/fischer.html

gg

The winemaker

Austria

Moves
04 Aug 05

Rated games for a chess variant would need extra Player Tables.
If you like to play rated FR go to http://brainking.com/en/SelectGameType for example. They've got about 100 rated players there.

I started to play gothic chess there a while ago but at the end of the day there is nothing like the rhp-web site, comunity and good old-fashioned chess.

gg

DS

Moves
05 Aug 05

Originally posted by gotti2000
Rated games for a chess variant would need extra Player Tables.
If you like to play rated FR go to http://brainking.com/en/SelectGameType for example. They've got about 100 rated players there.

I started to play gothic chess there a while ago but at the end of the day there is nothing like the rhp-web site, comunity and good old-fashioned chess.

gg
thanks... but the point is that I don't want to go anywhere else. I like this site. and in my humble opinon, it could be made slightly better by adding a simple Fischerrandom routine. leave them unrrated, sure. that's fine. it won't mess with anyones rating and people can still play for fun. i would like to start playing more FR and thus, i advocate an automatic feature to facilitate this.

how many people have to aggree on it for it to happen?

Data Warehouser

Back in the UK!

Moves
05 Aug 05

how many people have to aggree on it for it to happen?
Russ has a voting thing under: Community tab and Votes.

Maybe you could ask him to put this to a vote to see who is interested/ for/ against??

M

DS

Moves
06 Aug 05

Originally posted by noxidjkram
Russ has a voting thing under: Community tab and Votes.

Maybe you could ask him to put this to a vote to see who is interested/ for/ against??

M
hey, thanks. I hadn't noticed that before.

i sent feedback and requested a vote. how many votes does it need to get to "get elected"? can we use the Karl Rove method?

DS

Moves
12 Aug 05

hey, thanks. I hadn't noticed that before.

i sent feedback and requested a vote. how many votes does it need to get to "get elected"? can we use the Karl Rove method?
so i emailed them and they said that it's a good idea but probably won't be in the next upgrade. is that an actual person or a robot?

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
12 Aug 05

so i emailed them and they said that it's a good idea but probably won't be in the next upgrade. is that an actual person or a robot?

He's a real person, he just writes like a robot. 🙂