Enforcing the FIDE touch rule

Enforcing the FIDE touch rule

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Father of Three

New Hampshire

Moves
14 Feb 14

I was curious if it was possible to force player to move a piece he has touched if a legal moves exists for that piece. For instance if a player pushes a pawn and misses that his queen is in jeopardy,then before hitting submit moves queen instead...is it possible to force the player to move his originally touched piece...as is the case with the FIDE touch rules...is that possible on a site such as this..would add a different yet more accurate element

Thanks,

Beau

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
15 Feb 14

Originally posted by beauroberts
I was curious if it was possible to force player to move a piece he has touched if a legal moves exists for that piece. For instance if a player pushes a pawn and misses that his queen is in jeopardy,then before hitting submit moves queen instead...is it possible to force the player to move his originally touched piece...as is the case with the FIDE touc ...[text shortened]... sible on a site such as this..would add a different yet more accurate element

Thanks,

Beau
'more accurate' - again the assumption that OTB > corr. Even FIDE has separate correspondence rules.

Hell

Moves
15 Feb 14

you could make the submit button optional

b
Father of Three

New Hampshire

Moves
16 Feb 14

No assumption that otb is better than corr...I just wasn't aware that there were separate FIDE rules for corr chess.