1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Aug '21 12:25
    Looked back at the early Liverpool FC Supporters clan challenges and found games against clans I never knew existed like Chelsea FC, Man Utd, Everton and Gooners. Sometimes no movers in those clans going back as far as 07, but the clans are still there if anybody wanted to approach Russ to take one over, remove the players that haven't moved for a few years and revive it.

Made me wonder if there should be an easily accessible list of dormant clans in general in case anybody got the urge to resuscitate one??
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Aug '21 12:56
    @relentless-red said
    Looked back at the early Liverpool FC Supporters clan challenges and found games against clans I never knew existed like Chelsea FC, Man Utd, Everton and Gooners. Sometimes no movers in those clans going back as far as 07, but the clans are still there if anybody wanted to approach Russ to take one over, remove the players that haven't moved for a few years and revive ...[text shortened]... easily accessible list of dormant clans in general in case anybody got the urge to resuscitate one??
    Has been suggested before (probably around 10 years), I suggested not found new clans, but to revive old ones. But people want to start with a clean slate and rather establish something new.

The clan system is dying anyway I think
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Aug '21 13:19
    @ponderable said
    Has been suggested before (probably around 10 years), I suggested not found new clans, but to revive old ones. But people want to start with a clean slate and rather establish something new.

The clan system is dying anyway I think
    It's more likely to die if people don't know what's out there though. I literally only found out about the LFC clan because it happened to appear on the profile of an opponent I played in a tournament. Advertising works.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    05 Aug '21 15:09
    @relentless-red said
    Looked back at the early Liverpool FC Supporters clan challenges and found games against clans I never knew existed like Chelsea FC, Man Utd, Everton and Gooners. Sometimes no movers in those clans going back as far as 07, but the clans are still there if anybody wanted to approach Russ to take one over, remove the players that haven't moved for a few years and revive ...[text shortened]... easily accessible list of dormant clans in general in case anybody got the urge to resuscitate one??
    One of the big problems with clans is the initiators get fed up.
    Someone will think it's a good idea to start a clan with a particular "theme" like football supporters for example.
    It starts off fine than after a while the initiator/leader realises it's not that easy setting up challenges and so gets bored with it,especially if his clan doesn't appear on the first few pages of the net points list
    The next stage is attempting to pass the leadership onto another player but finds no takers.I suspect a lot of players don't really care much about a clans performance but just want someone to find games for them.This argument is supported by my own clan s forum which is hardly ever used.
    The end result is lot's of inactive clans.
    I don't think a list of these clans would attract much,in any, interest
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Aug '21 15:31
    @venda said
    One of the big problems with clans is the initiators get fed up.
    Someone will think it's a good idea to start a clan with a particular "theme" like football supporters for example.
    It starts off fine than after a while the initiator/leader realises it's not that easy setting up challenges and so gets bored with it,especially if his clan doesn't appear on the first few pages o ...[text shortened]... is lot's of inactive clans.
    I don't think a list of these clans would attract much,in any, interest
    Some things endure such as themed clans with wide appeal. I've only got to know one of the initiators of the Liverpool FC Supporters clan and that was since I took it over, but I took it over knowing nobody there. I just didn't like to see it in disrepair. It's not a particularly active forum, but you have to nurture recovery.

Maybe not a list of all the dormant clans. Maybe just a few lists of the ones with names that have wide appeal e.g. sports teams, chess players, religious and spiritual philosophies, occupations, regions and cities, branches of armed forces...
  6. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    05 Aug '21 22:40
    do the clubs and clans compete for active members? I don't see the need for both.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Aug '21 06:59
    @ogb said
    do the clubs and clans compete for active members? I don't see the need for both.
    Why would they compete?

They don't serve the same function, and can thus co-exist.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Aug '21 13:48
    @ogb said
    Clubs and clans are totally different.
    Within a club, you only play games against other club players.
    Within a clan you are selected to play individual games against 1 member of another clan.
    You can join both anyway.
    As one example M.U.T.I have both a club and a clan although I believe the clan is inactive now.
    The club most certainly isn't and mainly continues for it's active forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree