Daily puzzle

Daily puzzle

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infidel

Moves
30 Apr 13

"Other" chess sites have a daily chess puzzle on their website. I think it would be a nice addition to the RHP-homepage to have a couple of puzzles each day. Is that possible?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Apr 13

Yes, I even started it already to test the versatility of the new board code.

Infidel

Moves
01 May 13
1 edit

Nice. Where would you get these puzzles from?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
03 May 13
1 edit

How about using the ones from shredder.com? They have new ones every day and they allow you to link them to your web page for free as far as I can see. They might be a nice addition to have on our opening page here at RHP or just have them elsewhere. Here's the link:

http://www.shredderchess.com/chess-news/shredder-news/chess-puzzle-webmaster.html

They aren't usually "find mate in x moves" type puzzles, but are just "find the best move" types. Some are just finding a single move, and some are a series or two or three moves. If you go to their site you can check them out and see what you think!

<edit>
Another option would be to see if some of our own members can put together a variety of chess puzzles that could be used for this purpose. Most of us probably aren't that clever, but I'm sure there are a few around here who could do it. The posers and puzzles forum will have some at times, but not on a regular basis.