Conditional move castling

Conditional move castling

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I
Fishing

In the icebucket

Moves
07 Feb 11

I don't know if this has been raised before, but it comes out of the Help forum.

Neither castling nor capturing en passent are available under the "Quick Mode" when setting conditional moves. Although it is possible to set the moves under "Deep Mode", I think the moves should be possible under the "Quick Mode".

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by Igloo
I don't know if this has been raised before, but it comes out of the Help forum.

Neither castling nor capturing en passent are available under the "Quick Mode" when setting conditional moves. Although it is possible to set the moves under "Deep Mode", I think the moves should be possible under the "Quick Mode".
Better yet, revamp the whole conditional move interface. No more quick mode and deep mode. Just one mode that records all conditionals as notational moves, not positions. No pressing the 'record' button for each move. Just one press at the start and one press at the end to stop recording once all variations have been entered. The interface should reject illegal moves and accept legal ones, obviously.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Feb 11

Conditional moves is due a revisit to fix the issues mentioned, and all round awfulness of the interface.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by Russ
Conditional moves is due a revisit to fix the issues mentioned, and all round awfulness of the interface.
This might already be possible (in which case I would simply be uninformed), but would it also be reasonable to make an "unconditional move" feature? By that I mean, there are times when I know that no matter what move my opponent plays, I will respond with move xyz "unconditionally." In my experience, these situations have mostly been in openings (when I have a certain set-up I don't plan to deviate from), and in imminent checkmate sequences.

1.Nf3

The Hague

Moves
15 Feb 11

I don't know if this has been suggested before (no time to check now), but would it be possible to sort of 'store' a series of (opening) conditional moves, so you don't have to conditional-move all your opening moves in every new game?
For instance, one would be able to have the option to answer 1. e4 in every game with 1...c5 with the preferred variation. This would at least save me a lot of time, imagine starting a bigger tournament with this feature...