Clubs consultation thread III

Clubs consultation thread III

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by Aiko
I feel it has come to a hold.
Grinded.

BT
Afro

Somerset

Moves
28 Aug 08

the chess groups are a good idea. they give somewhere for non subscribers to join

Here

Moves
28 Aug 08

Originally posted by Brittish Telecom
the chess groups are a good idea. they give somewhere for non subscribers to join
If they don't get booted out

D

Moves
05 Sep 08

Good day everyone!!

b

Moves
08 Oct 08

my !barselona! cuple are you want join me?i need more people,thx you

b

Moves
08 Oct 08

my !barselona! cuple are you want join me?i need more people,thx you

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
08 Oct 08

I like the concept of having my own forum. It allows even more specific discussion to take place [in my case, chess problems] without any clutter from other posers-and-puzzles stuff [math problems, etc.]. Clubs are worth it just for this feature.

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
27 Nov 08
2 edits

The aussie club, chessaroos....most like the concept of the club and aussie only tournaments...in our case its great playing some tournaments purely against our own country men.
banding the tournaments is an issue though.

I accidently typed to many charactors into the title of a tournament and like to know how to amend it...my idea of checking it seemed ok at the time, maybe a warning that to many charactors should appear?

more features would improve clubs activity and involvement, other types of chess games, and tournaments like progressive chess teams where 4or 5 people can team up in sequence on one game board against 4 or 5 other members (name the teams) and these types of challeges could be link to progressive team tournaments, this is a lot of fun.

and mini intra club clans, join on a city or state , country or other basis a small team to challenge other small teams of members within your club....just some idea's for consideration.

πŸ™‚

what about a kick button for members who join wrong club rated tournaments?...

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
27 Nov 08

Originally posted by barstudd
The aussie club, chessaroos....most like the concept of the club and aussie only tournaments...in our case its great playing some tournaments purely against our own country men.
banding the tournaments is an issue though.

I accidently typed to many charactors into the title of a tournament and like to know how to amend it...my idea of checking it seemed ...[text shortened]... tion.

πŸ™‚

what about a kick button for members who join wrong club rated tournaments?...
You can remove players from a club by going to the list of players and clicking remove. You can also now delete tournaments (there is a link on the far right of the tournaments page next to the relevant tournie..). If you make a typo just delete it and restart it...

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
27 Nov 08

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
You can remove players from a club by going to the list of players and clicking remove. You can also now delete tournaments (there is a link on the far right of the tournaments page next to the relevant tournie..). If you make a typo just delete it and restart it...
Thanks for the information about removing tournament.

I dont actually want to remove members from the club.
when a tournament is created I would like to be able to remove members from the tournament that have disregarded the tournaments rating.

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
27 Nov 08

maybe club tournaments should be similar to private tournaments only when rating the tournament where the tournaments accept a key to enter.

M

Moves
27 Nov 08

or maybe the club admin should have the facility to boot an unwanted player out of a tournament without booting him out of the club. Many of the people who join the wrong tournaments simply don't think - or read - and don't deserve any penalty other than removal from that tournament. Unless they do it on purpose, that is, then club admin has the power of the Big Boot!

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
27 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by MissOleum
or maybe the club admin should have the facility to boot an unwanted player out of a tournament without booting him out of the club. Many of the people who join the wrong tournaments simply don't think - or read - and don't deserve any penalty other than removal from that tournament. Unless they do it on purpose, that is, then club admin has the power of the Big Boot!
thats right we dont want anyone getting the wrong idea about why they are being removed from a tournament.

keep club tournaments fair =purchase for your club 1 x tournament kick button today....no club should be without oneπŸ™‚

would like to see one tournament a year for non subs in the club....they may grow a taste for more.
how ever to stop them joining 1500 clubs to take advantage of the 1 tournament a year thingo, they would have to chose wisely which club tournament they would like to enter.

H

Moves
29 Jan 09

Hi together,

it would be very nice, when the adminstrator from a club could choose special openings for private tournaments. Our clan want to play private tournaments for practice in special openings.

If I challenge a single game it is possible to choose a special oepning and in offical tournament it is als in offer. So it could not be very difficult to implement this for privte tournaments, because the function exist.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
31 Jan 09

i'd like an option for people to be open to game invites within a club regardless of no of games or ratings.
works like this already for tournies and clan games - and would make it easier to set up club games.
at the moment i'm struggling to find anyone in my club who's accepting games.