Club tournaments adjustment

Club tournaments adjustment

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Oct 14

Hello

Is it possible:
Each time I create a tournament, a message gets sent to each member.
So when I create 20 tournaments, 20 messages get sent to all members.

I am part of MUTI, so when roma creates 20 tournaments, that's another 20 messages.

A few other clubs as well so basically I go away for a weekend.... and 60 odd messages in my inbox. (Most often when I click to go to tournament its fully subscribed anyway)

To my question:

Is it possible that no messages go out each time we create a tournament? and in its place, if possible, we have access to a reminder link.
Such that a club owner can click on it once (or as often as they like) but after such click a generic message goes out to all members that these are the tournaments on offer and it has a link to the tournaments page in the club.

I have over the years lost members because they don't like receiving 50 messages from the club.

Australia

Moves
17 Oct 14

Agreed. I've removed myself from clubs just because the messages drive me crazy.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by Costad
Hello

Is it possible:
Each time I create a tournament, a message gets sent to each member.
So when I create 20 tournaments, 20 messages get sent to all members.

I am part of MUTI, so when roma creates 20 tournaments, that's another 20 messages.

A few other clubs as well so basically I go away for a weekend.... and 60 odd messages in my inbox. (Most ...[text shortened]...
I have over the years lost members because they don't like receiving 50 messages from the club.
supported

TEXAS

STATE OF THE HEART

Moves
19 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Ponderable
supported
Costad's idea is good...and/or...a "select all" function for deleting a large group of tournament reminders with one click.

p

Moves
20 Oct 14

Just delete all the messages and go the club you want to play in.

Moves
23 Oct 14

Originally posted by pikejohn
Just delete all the messages and go the club you want to play in.
You are missing the point I think.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
23 Oct 14

An altogether more intelligent notification system is required.

On the new UI, I have placeholders now for the new notification system, so I need to get it done before the next site update.

Subscribing to certain events and aggregate notifications are definitely required, as well as how you are notified. (Emails, or some other medium, for example.)