1. Joined
    06 Aug '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 18:38
    On my profile it lists 4 tournament wins (4 is right) but it lists the same one four times.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 18:27
    @Russ

Old version: going to a player's home page and clicking on View Games leads to a page showing only that player's games, which is what one would expect.

beta: ... leads to a page showing all running games on RHP, not what one expects.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 19:28
    @moonbus said
    @Russ

Old version: going to a player's home page and clicking on View Games leads to a page showing only that player's games, which is what one would expect.

beta: ... leads to a page showing all running games on RHP, not what one expects.
    Hey moonbus, I just tried that on the beta and the current sites, and I am getting the list of everyone's current games in either case. Nothing to do with my games speciifically.

I am clicking the link located on the top navigation bar that runs across the page, and is the same thing found on other pages as well. It is labeled "View Games", located between "Players" and "Forums".

I suspect that navigation bar is not meant to be associated to the Home Page. It is at the top of other pages as well.

And in looking at my Home page on either the beta or the current website, I do not see a link labeled "View Games" anywhere else. Just on that top navigation bar.

Now, if you go to "My Games" and click the "All games" folder at the top, that will show all of your games, on the current site version. On the beta it isn't working right. It just shows you your "inbox" games. At least that's what I'm seeing on my laptop, running firefox and win7.

Anyway, I just thought I would describe what I am seeing, in case you want to give it another look. ๐Ÿ™‚
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 19:362 edits
    @mwmiller

I just went to your profile page

https://beta.redhotpawn.com/chess-player/mwmiller

and clicked on View Games. It showed this:

https://beta.redhotpawn.com/chess/chess-game-directory.php?isminiboard=on&uid=16

All current games at RHP. Not what I expect from your profile page and not at all useful when judging a player's strength for a potential challenge.

When I go to your profile page in the old version:

https://www.redhotpawn.com/chess-player/mwmiller

and click on View Games, it shows me this:

https://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/chess-game-directory.php?isminiboard=on&uid=16

Only your games, both completed and running. This is what I expect, and much more useful.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 20:27
    @moonbus
    OK, I can see by following the links that you posted that you are talking about another persons PROFILE page, and not the "MY HOME" page.

And I also now see that the beta does have a problem with this.

And I also see that on the profile page it does say "View Games", just like on that upper navigation bar.

So it could be that the beta is erroneously going to that top link instead of the one that shows a specific individuals full list of games, since they both have the same tag or title.

In other words, when you click the 'view games' llink on that top navigation bar you are shown current game activity for all members. But if you click the link with the same title, that is on an individual's profile page, you should be shown a list of just that one persons games. And in the Beta, that is not happening.

Probably clear as mud, but now I think I understand your earlier post! ๐Ÿ™‚

[And now I have to wonder if this is somehow related to a problem I mentioned in an earlier post about the 'my games' page. It was concerning the "all games" folder failing to show that list of 'all' games. Instead, it just shows the 'inbox' games on that page. Is there a connection with these two problems?]
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 22:06
    I notice that in the 'Analyze Game' window the 'Reset All' button is missing in beta. I use this constantly so would be nice to have!
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 09:371 edit
    @shannon

Fixed.

I doubt there are many more of these '1 item shown x times' issues remaining, but this is one type of issue to keep an eye out for. (Object reuse gone wrong! ๐Ÿค” )
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 09:43
    @moonbus said
    @Russ

Fixed, thanks.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 09:572 edits
    Edit : This was in response to "- everything appears to be larger including font, I feel a bit zoomed in.
    "

There are differences, but not that significant. If you are using RHP on a desktop browser, you will notice that more horizontal space is being used than before. (The central column of content is wider that previously.). This will probably give the illusion of being way more zoomed in?
    Edit: Also more generous padding everywhere too on larger screens.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 13:03
    @russ said
    Fixed, thanks.
    Well, almost. I have tested the View Games function from Ghost of a Duke's and The Gravedigger's profile pages on old and beta versions.

In the old version, the search function auto-injects "Ghost of a Duke" into the search engine and returns correct results.

In the beta version, the search function auto-injects "Ghost-of-a-Duke" and returns no results.

Ditto for The Gravedigger: the space is auto-replaced by a hyphen and returns no result.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 13:441 edit
    @moonbus
    I just looked and what is happening in the beta is when you get to a players' profile page and click on 'view games', the beta is adding hyphens between the words in the players' name in both of the examples you mentioned. So I think what you mentioned about replacing spaces with hyphens is exactly what is happening!

The regular webpage does not do that. To verify this on the beta, edit the players' name by deleting the hyphens and just leave a space, then you will see what you are looking for.

Perhaps this has to do with usernames that have more than one word? Beta is replacing the space with a hyphen. I just tested this theory on a couple of other usernames with more than one word, and it does the same thing. Replace the hyphen with a space, and it's OK then. Single word usernames work fine on the beta.

A code monkey will probably know how to fix it! ๐Ÿ™‚
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:252 edits
    @mwmiller

Yeah, I messed up there. The name is now hyphenated on the URL, but was not reverted before search. NOW fixed. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 19:10
    Scratch this one. (when viewing in portrait mode, otherwise regular render.)

"- On tablets, the submit move buttons is not locked to the bottom of the screen (as it is on mobile.)"
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 19:36
    The notification list / message previews (available from the alert icons )rendering badly on mobile is now fixed too.
  15. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 20:151 edit

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree