Clan Challenges: AVERAGE RATING

Clan Challenges: AVERAGE RATING

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
07 Dec 07

I agree completely, it would also save a lot more time for playing instead of researching.

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
07 Dec 07
1 edit

No. No.

Why is it that everyone apart from one (seti.. thanks) wish to reduce their workload? If the job was easy, anyone could become a clan leader (.. and many do!)
I'm not afraid of using tactics.
If this suggestion came about, it would be yet another simplification, enabling anyone to carry out the role.
A clan leader's role is to lead, within the rules, by fair means or foul. (ish)

e
voyeur

Zagreb

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by English Tal
No. No.

Why is it that everyone apart from one (seti.. thanks) wish to reduce their workload? If the job was easy, anyone could become a clan leader (.. and many do!)
If this suggestion came about, it would be yet another simplification, enabling anyone to carry out the role.
wrong, this option would allow even more tactics! you will have to work even more to get some edge in the challenge!

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by efilmar
wrong, this option would allow even more tactics! you will have to work even more to get some edge in the challenge!
? How can you possibly deny 'too many tactics'?

There aren't enough tactics (or clan leader's empowerment) as it is.
A Leader's job is to lead. Anyone could carry out the role if all he or she had to do was to click on the 'averages'.
Tactics ARE, and always have been, part of chess.

t

Moves
07 Dec 07

Sounds like a great idea... It will take away the sneaky advantage of those who loose all games except clan games, I have come across many.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by English Tal
No. No.

In that case the average rating should be totally left out..
Not giving the 'less devoted' leaders the option to look at any average!

r

Moves
07 Dec 07

post the tournament rating in red ink next to the black currrent rating...let the leader choose between the two.

Moves
07 Dec 07

Yes that's a great idea,
A clan challenged us this week, it was the perfect example!
Its name was Amsterdam 🙂)))

A

Amsterdam

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by polo2000
Yes that's a great idea,
A clan challenged us this week, it was the perfect example!
Its name was Amsterdam 🙂)))
Exactely, now you know what we're talking about 🙂

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
07 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
In that case the average rating should be totally left out..
Not giving the 'less devoted' leaders the option to look at any average!
Yes! You've got it!
A clan leader should lead, not follow a 'click' on stats.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Dec 07

I do research on the various members and I do have members who vary in rating. I still try to be fair in terms of setting equally strong players at the boards.

Yes it will be easier with tournament ratings and I support the idea. But it will not be brainless click and be happy, since you have still to look up the merits of the players to see where you are.

For me it would actually be more helpful to highlight at the challneg part the time settings and probbaly to allow to alter these.

I
Cause I'm the taxman

Moves
07 Dec 07

Gets my approval. It would save time and effort for chess rather than research (Which is why we are all here!)

Some of us need all the time we can get to practice!

Florida

Moves
07 Dec 07

Excellent idea!

Moves
07 Dec 07

Count me in, Patrick. I tend to analyse the individuals, and as has been pointed out, this does take time. It would be good to have a fairer system in place, wherein some clan leaders wouldn't be able to play on the fact that many leaders don't check the ratings individually.

Excellent suggestion! 🙂

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Right now, the current ratings of players are used to set up challenges..
Many Clan Leaders look purely at this: bouncing challences when they feel that the average rating of the other clan is not matching their own, without looking at past performance of the individuals..

For tournaments there was already an adjustment in calculating the tournament e ...[text shortened]... ch is far from their true average level of play..

Look forward to your feedback on this one!
Yes, Amsterdamn, I agree with your suggestion!