claim victory rather than time-out

claim victory rather than time-out

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
22 Sep 12

I have almost defeated my opponent (K and Q v K)but they aren't moving and will time-out in 15 minutes. While I will get the win, it will be recorded as being because of my opponent timing out. Could it be possible to force the issue? If my opponent is wasting away their time bank, could I have the option of "claiming victory" if they time out? My opponent would get a message and then have the option of making a move or having the timeout count as a resignation.

Australia

Moves
22 Sep 12

It's a common problem, people often stop moving in lost games so that it doesn't look so bad on their record, but it doesn't make any difference to the rating outcome, so I don't think it's worth worrying about.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Sep 12

Originally posted by torbreck
I have almost defeated my opponent (K and Q v K)but they aren't moving and will time-out in 15 minutes. While I will get the win, it will be recorded as being because of my opponent timing out. Could it be possible to force the issue? If my opponent is wasting away their time bank, could I have the option of "claiming victory" if they time out? My opponent ...[text shortened]... ssage and then have the option of making a move or having the timeout count as a resignation.
Why would anyone want the extra hassle of sending a bunch of messages back and forth before gaining the victory? Just crush the skull and pocket the points.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Sep 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
It's a common problem, people often stop moving in lost games so that it doesn't look so bad on their record, but it doesn't make any difference to the rating outcome, so I don't think it's worth worrying about.
I don't get why this makes any difference in how things look on a record.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
22 Sep 12
1 edit

blank