Blitz bug?

Blitz bug?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.Nf3

The Hague

Moves
06 Jan 09
1 edit

I played following Blitz game:

at which point I wanted to take en-passant, which seems to be winning for white. The blitz feature didn't let me take en-passant, even though I tried several times. Is this a known bug? I've never seen it before. Maybe it was a one-time event.

T

ALG

Moves
06 Jan 09

Originally posted by davaniel
Can you please explain that? ' ' is somewhat unclear

1.Nf3

The Hague

Moves
06 Jan 09

Originally posted by Thomaster
Can you please explain that? ' ' is somewhat unclear
Very quick. I accidentally hit 'enter' instead of, maybe, 'tab' after writing the thread title.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Jan 09

Very quick. I accidentally hit 'enter' instead of, maybe, 'tab' after writing the thread title.
Use feedback (Bug Report) and give them a link to this thread. There may be a bug that won't let you capture when you are in check?

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 09

That is a strange one because I have used the en-passant in a similiar situation to get out of check before.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Jan 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
That is a strange one because I have used the en-passant in a similiar situation to get out of check before.
Check was just a guess, and who knows what kind of code changes the admins may have made.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Check was just a guess, and who knows what kind of code changes the admins may have made.

P-
Right you are, and I believe mine was way back before the big crash.

Something that I haven't seen happen much in games, that is the only one I can remember and I am nearing 5,000 game mark.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Jan 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Right you are, and I believe mine was way back before the big crash.

Something that I haven't seen happen much in games, that is the only one I can remember and I am nearing 5,000 game mark.
Not sure if you caught it, but this user is asking about the blitz feature, not the regular games here at RHP.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Not sure if you caught it, but this user is asking about the blitz feature, not the regular games here at RHP.

P-
Yes, it is typed in over the top of the board, and I had my reading glass's on at the time. 😉

I use to play lots of blitz at (uchess), some would say with my game load I still do. They probably would be right too!
Would be ok now to call 'no one" 'No One non sub-scum'? 😉

I was just making the point that in close to 5,000 games on here, I hadn't come across that particular situation. But then my chess sucks anyways, but I have fun with it. 🙂

L
Resistance is futile

The Cube

Moves
07 Jan 09

Some months ago, while playing Blitz, my opponent ran into the same -en passant- problem. I reported exactly the same bug.

T

ALG

Moves
07 Jan 09
2 edits

I had that problem too Thread 105886
Later I saw it is possible to take en passent when you're not in check.