Average opponent rating

Average opponent rating

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
25 Jun 09

First of all: I _love_ the new "rated game stats"! 🙂
I've been wanting a feature like that for a long time.

Being a "stats person" I would like some more stats to be included.
I would like to propose an option where one can choose to display an "average opponent rating" in the graph so that one can see how this (hopefully) improves over time.

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by tomjuan
First of all: I _love_ the new "rated game stats"! 🙂
I've been wanting a feature like that for a long time.

Being a "stats person" I would like some more stats to be included.
I would like to propose an option where one can choose to display an "average opponent rating" in the graph so that one can see how this (hopefully) improves over time.
time outs would have to be excluded from such a stat.

i like it though.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by trev33
time outs would have to be excluded from such a stat.

i like it though.
I have found, that many people will let the time run out in a lost position, so we can not be too quick excluding all time outs. I have had it happen in many of my games, where my opponent is either a piece down, or just has a lost position.

I will not name any names, as that will be sure to start another small "War of Words".

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I have found, that many people will let the time run out in a lost position, so we can not be too quick excluding all time outs. I have had it happen in many of my games, where my opponent is either a piece down, or just has a lost position.

I will not name any names, as that will be sure to start another small "War of Words".
would be interested to how how often that actually happens on this site, not sure it's ever happened to me, well not to the point that they timed out anyway.

the reason i was thinking of leaving time outs out was because of the people who mass time out, who should be 1800 (not naming any names 😉) who does this a lot would ruin a lot of people stats.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
26 Jun 09

I agree with Rusty, I have had a large proportion of my time out wins from winning positions where my opponent seems to be moving in other games but ignoring mine leaving me to click a skull.

Eddie's Dad

Raving Mad

Moves
26 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Mctayto
I agree with Rusty...
Agree with Rusty and Mctayto. It feels like a large percentage of my timeout wins are people moving in other games but not mine. In fact, I have several won games currently going on where the butt, um, I mean opponent has kicked it into low gear for the past week or two. I assume they hope I'll get hit by a bus.

Since it's all math, why not differentiate timeouts based on the move history of the opponent? A skull clicked when the opponent has not moved at all in any game within the previous three days is a walk-away timeout and a skull clicked when the opponent has moved in any game on RHP within the last three days is a sore loser timeout.