Automatic timeout in clan games

Automatic timeout in clan games

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Feb 05

I'm sure this will or already has happened.

Two players BOTH disappear from the site. They are playing in a clan match. At present the clan match will not be decided as a result in said game will happen. Can an auto time out be set awarding a draw? After, for example, 14 days after both time banks expire.

What does the panel think? Has it/is it happen(ing)?

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by Grandmaster bater
I'm sure this will or already has happened.

Two players BOTH disappear from the site. They are playing in a clan match. At present the clan match will not be decided as a result in said game will happen. Can an auto time out be set awarding a draw? After, for example, 14 days after both time banks expire.

What does the panel think? Has it/is it happen(ing)?
for normal clan games, if you introduce a timeout function I would suggest it is a least one month after the last recorded move. Why?

* Clans were designed to be about fun and participation, not just winning
* A clan player has no real control over the games his leader enters for him
* Vactaion settings should be respected in normal clan play

Andrew

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by latex bishop
for normal clan games, if you introduce a timeout function I would suggest it is a least one month after the last recorded move. Why?

* Clans were designed to be about fun and participation, not just winning
* A clan player has no real control over the games his leader enters for him
* Vactaion settings should be respected in normal clan play

Andrew

whoops, just seen this after replying to you in the league timeout thread. i guess i agree with you latex B.