Automatic Messages

Automatic Messages

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
16 Dec 08

I wish I could simply have two default messages:

1. When a game begins, on my first move, I say something polite, such as "Best of Luck!"

and

2. On the close of a game, "Thank you for a good game."

The "default" messages would then be cancelled if I chose to send a personal message on the first or last move, for those I know, or play regularly, or if I care to change or stop it.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Dec 08

Originally posted by coquette

1. When a game begins, on my first move, I say something polite, such as "Best of Luck!"

and

The "default" messages would then be cancelled if I chose to send a personal message on the first or last move, for those I know, or play regularly, or if I care to change or stop it.
Now you're just being lazy!

P-

Moves
16 Dec 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Now you're just being lazy!

P-
and where's the warmth?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by coquette

and

With the first one OK !

Now, on the second one, lets say your opponent blundered badly.

Now you say "Thank you for a good game." Wonder what the reply back might be from some people?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
17 Dec 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
With the first one OK !

Now, on the second one, lets say your opponent blundered badly.

Now you say "Thank you for a good game." Wonder what the reply back might be from some people?
I would personalize the move sometimes, like "Gee, it was a great game up to move #42. See you next time!"