Auto T/O

Auto T/O

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Oct 04

Lots of hard feelings with T/O's. Some do it, some dont. Some will do it with vacation icons up, some wont. How about, along with the 1,3,5,7,14,21,day options and various timebank options, the Auto T/O? It could be inserted by a person when they create an open invite, and if the challenger agrees the game would auto T/O if either party overstepped the time limit. I would think this would solve a lot of hard feelings.Anyone got any input on this?

A
The Turtle Hermit

Turtle Island

Moves
08 Oct 04

I like the idea; but, why stop there? How's about tournaments with that feature as well? (The so-called auto time-out there depends on when someone (like Russ) can get to it; so, it can be kind of +/-.)

d

Brooklyn, NY

Moves
11 Oct 04

Excellent idea.

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
11 Oct 04

How about auto time-outs on all games.

With 30 days a year clock stopping vacation for non-tournament games.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
12 Oct 04

Originally posted by gumbie
How about auto time-outs on all games.

With 30 days a year clock stopping vacation for non-tournament games.
How about no thanks?

I rarely want to time out an opponent for the sake of it, I'd prefer to have the choice not to.

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
12 Oct 04

Originally posted by mrmist
How about no thanks?

I rarely want to time out an opponent for the sake of it, I'd prefer to have the choice not to.
OK. Well how about 30 days a year clock stopping vacation on non-tournament games without auto time-outs.

It would make the system harder to abuse and mean I personally wouldn't have to make a decision on the validity of an individuals vacation flag.

And please don't come back at me with "I'm away for 5 days a month" If you are away for five days a month then play only games with at least a 7 day timeout 😉

m
Moo

UK

Moves
12 Oct 04

Originally posted by gumbie
OK. Well how about 30 days a year clock stopping vacation on non-tournament games without auto time-outs.

It would make the system harder to abuse and mean I personally wouldn't have to make a decision on the validity of an individuals vacation flag.

And please don't come back at me with "I'm away for 5 days a month" If you are away for five days a month then play only games with at least a 7 day timeout 😉

If anything, I would come back by saying that I don't see a problem with the system as it is now.

If you make the flag stop the clocks, it becomes *more* abusable than it is now, not less.

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
12 Oct 04

I'm glad we agree 😉